How often is best?

TINKS82

Reaction score
Ladies opinions please. Is it best to do it every other day, every 3rd day or every day to maximise your chances? Sorry I dont know all the lingo yet to use shortened words:)

there are lots of schools of thought on this. Some say that you should do it every other day leading up to ovulation and then every day during your most fertile time over ovulation. I'm not sure if it works or not but it has to be worth a try :) x

I bd (baby-dance) every day during my fetile time. I used to do it every other day or so during the rest of the month too, but to be honest, after 10 months of trying the spark has faded a bit!

Thats what I am worried about, the spark fading and also where my OH is 40 I dont know if his swimmers are all good so to speak. We have been trying every other. I did try ovulation tests for 2 months but think it is too stressful for me and puts pressure on Bding which kinda takes the fun away.

I don't think it matters. I had my coil out on the Wednesday, bd'd on the Thursday, just the once that cycle and got bfp. I think if you are going to catch it's all about the timing, not the quantity xx

I'm of the school of thought that less is best.

I mean, you have to know when you are ovulating, but as long as you do i'd feel that a couple of times in total, so the day of your surge and day after, is plenty :)

If you don't know when you are ovualting, then i think it's probably smart to do it more frequently but definately not more than every other day, especially if you aren't sure on hubby's fertility ;)

My fertility consultant said that too often and count is low, too infrequently and quality is low so every 2-3 days is best over a long period of time.

Last edited:
Yes i think its about timing not necessarily how often. As long as you BD a few times around OV then one of the little swimmers will get through xxx

So do you think I should go back to ovulation tests if it doesnt happen this month? I am not charting or anything. I look out for changes in CM but thats about it. Worried that I am not doing enough now or maybe not BD on the right days

Sure, i think OPKs are a good idea - even if they don't work for you, that in itself is something to go to the doctor about ;)

You can get them cheap, and although i haven't tried the cheap ones - if they work, great, and if not you can fork out for some more expensive ones.

I dont recomend :bd: everyday.. I did it 2 months ago (still trying) and it gets very boring! Try to relax and have fun thats what im planning to do next month.. Or opks, I tryed them this month and they didnt work for me, but everybodys different :).. Good Luck hunni x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back