how often are appointments after 33 weeks?

longpinkamazing

Reaction score
I went to my 33 week appointment and baby is fine and i am apart from a little bit more fluid than normal but nothing to be worried about.
I was then told that my last appointment will be a week before he is due and that is if he is not already here.
I thought they saw you every week or two weeks after 33 weeks to check up on you?
I was very surpised that i am done with appointments now and i do not have another scan till a week till he is due.. :shock:
I see my community midwife every 2 weeks now but is that enough? Should i mention it?

I saw my midwife every 2 weeks during 3rd tri, just a 5-10 min appointment to check wee, bloodpressure, babys position and heartbeat.
I haven't had an nhs scan since 20 weeks.

My last appointment was at 38+5, and the next won't be till 41+5! Hopefully baby will be here before then!

I think they are cutting back on appointments to save money. I'm sure I saw the midwife every week for the last few weeks when pg with my first.

I think it can depend on where you live too, and whether it's your first pregnancy.

I see my MW once every 2 weeks now.

Saw her ae 28, 32, (then 34 due to scan but that wasn't for a check, just a talk about results and hombeirth) 36 and 37 weeks (for homebirth booking in). Not due to see her now till 39 weeks. Fine by me :)

I'm having another scan next week to check baby's growth but that is the exception not the rule. Most women don't have a scan past 20 weeks.

Sounds to me like you are fine with your community MW appointments as they are.

This is my first so I have an appointment every 2 weeks. I see her today, then at 39, then at 41 (I hope I don't though!)

My aunt is also pregnant with her first but she has only seen her midwife every 4 weeks in the last tri so it definately depends on your locaion!

I think they tend to be more relaxed with second and subsequent babies because you are more aware of what to look out for and would contact them if you thought there was a problem :hug:

It's no different round here for first or subsequent babies...

You see the midwife for booking in then:

13 (bloods)
28 (bloods)

(not sure about beyond, I'm trying not to think about that) :rotfl:

TBH you will probably be better off with your community m/w, its usually less waiting around, so less stressful for you, also usually you dont have as far to travel which is also a bonus if you rely on public transport.

:hug:

From my 28 week appointment which is next week mind go as follows (I have shared care between GP and community MW so a little different)

28- MW
30- GP (only with 1st baby)
32-MW
34-GP
36-GP
38-MW
40-??

So I'm getting them every two weeks but I think thats because of the shared care factor though and aslo because it is a first baby.

Alex xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back