how much?

Lynds77

Reaction score
now that we are on 3 meals a day, and Freya is taking all her bottles no problem I would have thought our nights would be more peaceful. But she has started waking around 4am for a night feed again.
i have tried giving water etc but nope, she REALLY wants a bottle and takes a full 8oz

it has been suggested to me that she is not getting enough during the day to sustain her at night.

so how much food does your baby get?

she gets her porridge in the morning, made with 1oz milk and 1oz water.

i batch cook everything, and freeze in little 4oz pots. I half fill these pots so I am guessing there is around 2oz of food in them.
She gets one at lunch, and 1 at dinner. She doesnt always finish them, but nearly.

Looking at jars so you can compare, I guess she would take around half a jar full at dinner and lunch? I also give a fromage frais after lunch, and some poached fruit after dinner.

going by an Ellas 7mnth pouch, she would take just under half of one of them per meal?

she also gets snacky finger food to sook on during the day, like baby biscotti, cheese sticks, a few kiddie crisps. Most of this does end up on the floor.

is she just not getting enough?

Maybe try adding a bit more milk to her porridge - I used to add about 3oz or more to Bs weetabix. Yoghurt, rice pudding and pasta is good for filling them up.
How old is Freya now? X

Aaron takes

1 x weetabix with about 3 oz milk (I've tarted offering toast too but he's not interested)
2 x 4oz pots of food I've cooked
1 x from age frais
1 x fruit pot
1 x cheese snack

He also has 3 x 7oz EBM

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

My lo is 7months tommorrow and this is her routine:
7am- milk (don't know how much as bf)
8am- 1weetabix with milk
11am- 1, 7months+ jar of baby food and fromage fraIs or fruit after
1pm- milk
4pm- 1, 7months+ jar of baby food and fromage frais or fruit
7pm milk.
She will have small amounts of finger food in between too.

I'd try adding a bit more milk to her porridge too..
This is what he has:
Breakfast - Ready brek/weetabix made with 3oz formula, slice of toasted fruit loaf with butter, a few strawberries & cherries
Lunch - Some finger food e.g. cheese omelette, jacket potato, fish & veggie cakes, steamed veg, cheese on toast with some organix snacks and a few grapes and raisins
Dinner - Whatever we're having - Beef stew, spaghetti bolognese (probably about a 4 or 5oz pot) followed by a fromage frais or sugar free angel delight and some more fresh fruit

He's rubbish with milk though as you know! So probably only has about 10oz milk to drink plus about 5oz water xx

Amelie has
Breakfast : a cheese toast (she eats maybe 1/2)
Lunch : protein and vegetables around 3 oz (homemade) and some finger food fruit or just finger food from what I eat
Dinner: egg is whatever we have for dinner all finger food and maybe 1/2 a yogurt.
No snacks
Morning bottle 3-4 oz
Afternoon bottle usually nth if she only had finger food at lunch she will take 3-4 oz
Bedtime bottle 0-4 oz
She sleeps through regardless of how much or not she eats or drinks during the day...

thanks everyone. It would seem she isnt taking enough solids.

today i tried to cut out her mid afternoon bottle and just give her solids, but she wasnt having it! She has also refused her dinner point blank too, and wanted another bottle.

but then again yesterday she didnt eat much, nor nap much and she only went and slept right through till 7am!!! (which is typical, as hubby said he would do the night feed and the early start!) haha

thanks everyone. It would seem she isnt taking enough solids.

today i tried to cut out her mid afternoon bottle and just give her solids, but she wasnt having it! She has also refused her dinner point blank too, and wanted another bottle.

but then again yesterday she didnt eat much, nor nap much and she only went and slept right through till 7am!!! (which is typical, as hubby said he would do the night feed and the early start!) haha

Every time my hubby has offered to do a night feed/early start Aaron has slept through ....FACT! :wall2:

Www.justgiving.com/AaronFarquharson

Text aaro89 and £1, £2, £3, £4, £5 or £10 to 70070

I've started adding carbs snacks during the day like baby breadsticks and crackers as well as putting either pasta, sweet potato or rice in Ts dinner, that's helped us xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back