How much stuff have you bought so far?

x-kirsty-x

Reaction score
I got the moses basket yesterday and I've just looked through all the clothes and stuff I've got so far and theres LOADS :shock:

Alot of its 0-3 months though and its all huge compared to newborn.

I've got a pack of newborn sleepsuits and vests but should I get a few newborn outfits cos I know the bigger ones wont fit at first (unless he's huge!)

I cant remember what Josh wore in his first few months. Do they just wear sleepsuits and babygros all the time? :?

I have got most my stuff.I have been buying a bit every week then got a lot of stuff in the sales.
I am worried I am gonna need tiny baby stuff if this LO doesn't start growing soon but don't want to buy it if I'm not gonna need it.

my only big purchase left is a baby monitor. We were given one but tested it the other day and it doesn't work so not a lot of use LOL

I've only bought 2 babyvests so far, one newborn and one tiny baby as my first baby was only 5lb 10z and newborn swamped her! A neighbour has given me a few bags of clothes which seem to be 0-3 months size mainly.

One thing I plan to buy is some little hats as I hadn't got any in my bag when I gave birth last time and the hospital only had a blue loan hat left so my daughter looked like a son at first. I've never told her this as she would go mad... she hates blue! :rotfl:

I have only bought a pack of newborn vests, 0-3 month vests, and a few sleepsuits. MIL bought me one of those nappy wrappers, and i've just bought a couple packs of pampers, and some wash stuff. Im gonna wait till i find out the sex b4 i buy anything else.

I think i have everything except socks, Nappies/wipes and stuff :D

Moses basket is being given to me, but i have a cot anyways. I didn't want to leave everything till last minute,and i've bought both girls and boys clothes as well as unisex, i was told i could return the items i didnt need and get a refund or exchange, i've had a great time in the sales :dance:

I've bought proper clothes for daytime in Newborn and 0-3.

i havent got ANYTHING :shock:

i'm waiting till my 20 week scan.. then i'm going to shop :lol: :lol:

So far I've got the travel system. That was bought really early on as it was an absolute bargain. I'm going with reusable nappies this time and the birth to potty system arrived today. I haven't bought any clothes yet, will wait till I'm further along for that.

ive brought some clothes (had some from my son also), got a cot and a crib already, brought bedding for cot and crib, and some bibs, still need to get loads more and time is running out!!!!

I have some clothes, but not many, one toy and a bottle steriliser. Hoping to get pushchair and cotby end of March! :D

The only thing ive bought is my pushchair which is in the box in the loft lol! Its odd, i was talking about this with my mum when we was looking at nursery furniture and moses baskets, i feel like i 'shouldnt' buy anything at all yet...its really starting to worry me :(
Ive pretty much got everything left from Jaycee so all i need is a new 1st outfit, a moses basket (didnt have one for Jaycee but wanted one!) and new cot bumpers as Jaycee's keeping hers for her junior bed. I want to shop so badly but i cant bring myself to do it!!
:? Is there something wrong with me??? :?

I suggest stocking up on newborn nappies as they will go thru heaps!! As will you, its all trial and error and its so easy to rip a nappy lol!

I have to buy EVERYTHING, even down to somewhere to keep clothes etc, so far I've got:...............1 babygrow and 1 dinky pair of socks!!!!!!!! :?

I agree with you Jo about the nappies!

My mam has said she'll get me 8 packs of newborn nappies next week to keep me going for a bit bless her! :)

sounds like i need more nappies too. I only bought a pack to get my free huggie bag

ive got 2 packs of newborn socks lol, umm a big box full of johnsons products that was on sale so i snapped that up. umm a few 0-3 month vests, bibs, a snowsuit, a fleecy blanket, my nan nitted me some gorgeous thngs, the pram im buying is black and a pistachio (sp?) green so she made me a gorgeous white cotton with green rosebuds pram blanket set with gorgeous matching pillow and also matching bootys! how sweet, shes made me a few sets of bootys and alot of cardigans. cant wait til next week i find out the sex and i can go on a massive shop :) x

Ive got :

8 packs of Newborn nappies (all with like 40-60 in the packs) ranging from Pampers, Huggies and George
Moses basket
Nursery bedding (no nursery lol)
Travel System

Regarding clothes EVERYONE has said don't get much newborn as everyone will buy you stuff so I got from Asda George

6 Newborn short Sleve Vests in Plain white @ £3.50
6 Newborn Long Sleve Sleep Suits in White @ £7.00
1 New Born Booties @ £1.75
6 Scratch Mits @ £4.00

The above are stocks for the first week incase people DONT buy us newborn lol plus its all so cheap, when they grow in to the 0-3 month stuff with in a few weeks it can all be binned without spending a fortune

I also have

1 Roo Newborn set (bib, hat, vest, grow, t-shirt)
1 Next newborn set (cardie, trousers, t-shirt-hat etc)
1 newborn snow suit

for the hospital.

If no one buys me new born in the first week Mum & OH are under instructions to go out and sort it

I have bits and bats of 0-3 months - nothing major yet though

Oh and I can recommend getting the nappies, we buy a pack a week so its only like £8 while were both still in full time work lol, but dont forget the wipes as well - there always on BOGOF in Asda so we have about 10 packs as well lol

Im scared that I'll forget something or the baby wont fit into any of the clothes I've got :oops:

Hi

Ive got all the big stuff just gotta wait to find out the sex for the rest if its a girl i got most of it , just will need some new clothes :)

Kirsty- some advice bring new born clothes and 0-3 months to the hospital, luckily i did cuz Kiara didnt fit into newborn and my sis had to buy her a new hat at the hospital for her big head :)
As for forgetting thats why you pack you bags early and stuff for the house you can always run out and get after babes is born , dont worry hun it all works out i promise :hug:

Katrina

I always ask people to buy me nappies as the baby pressies, so that way i can choose what my baba wears and i don't get bought things that i wouldn't put baby in anyway :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back