• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How much do you get for child benefit?

Wowza some women are taking opinions a little bit personal :/ ..

For u who do earn more and are saying how are they gunna cope on one income .. Ive been doing that for ages .. Working and studying on a low income its not hard just means budgeting

At same time just cant see how people with larger income will notice an extra 20 odd quid .. If ppl paying tax then they should get summat bk.

Not a fair comment ceebump

I've been working fulltime since I was 17 (12 years) during that time I've done full time study on top of that.

I have a very difficult and demanding job that I work hard at to earn the money that I do ... and I have a mortgage etc based on those earnings.

What we are saying is that when my income gets cut ... its not a matter of not being able to budget, its a matter of not being able to pay the bills you already have.

Why should I not be entitled to money, when I'm struggling financially as much as the next person? When I have paid tax and national insurance for 12 years? By the time all the additional deductions come off my SMP .. I will have a take home of approximately zero pounds a month

For u who do earn more and are saying how are they gunna cope on one income .. Ive been doing that for ages .. Working and studying on a low income its not hard just means budgeting

Please do not be so under minding! I know how to budget I do it every month as do a lot of people. I won't be living on one income I will be saving so that we aren't on one income. As I assume a lot of ladies will do. It's a fact of life you earn more therefor you live to your means you earn less you live to those means to.
£20 is £20 and it is money that I feel I am entitled to since I have paid my tax and NI since I started working!

TBH I think that the 40k cut off is a bit harsh, were I live is expensive and someone say earning 41k prob doesnt have much spare change. We wont be entitled to child benefit when it changes and we dont really need it but I am saving it for my boy, so I kinda think that he deserves to get the same as the next child.
xxxx

I understand that there are people who will experience a drop in their income, but what about those who live off a couple of hundred pounds a month and get no help? Should they receive the same amount as those who earn £38k a year?? I personally think they should receive more, but thats just my opinion x

At same time just cant see how people with larger income will notice an extra 20 odd quid .. If ppl paying tax then they should get summat bk.

^^^^^^^

???? Does anywhere there say people who earn a decent wage should not get anythin? No it says from opinion i cant see ppl noticing not a personal or criticism ..
My other post was simply saying others manage so i personally dont get the big deal ..
Ive worked since i turned 16 (now 20) thru gcse's , alevels and a collage course doing other training courses sign language, team teach ect .. Up until recently doing two jobs .. Doing all hours i can soooo yee.

Please do not be so under minding! I know how to budget I do it every month as do a lot of people. I won't be living on one income I will be saving so that we aren't on one income. As I assume a lot of ladies will do. It's a fact of life you earn more therefor you live to your means you earn less you live to those means to.
£20 is £20 and it is money that I feel I am entitled to since I have paid my tax and NI since I started working!

I disagree, I don't think £20 is £20.. It's alot of money to us and can go a long way.

em ... when my earnings drop, me and hubby will have no disposable income after bills? So essentially we are in the same position - as those who only earn a couple hundred pounds a month and get no help.

However, benefits are calculated on the earnings that you received the previous year

Plus in case there's any doubt £80ish a month will make a massive difference to me

Did my comments say anything about them not being entitled.. Who said i didnt think they should get it at all? How do uno i wasnt saying people who earn more should get more obv having bigger mortgage ect ...
People need to take a friggggin chill pill!

My mom n dad earn i nice wage and never got much extra and i watched them budget budget budget ..

Think people are getting a lil touchy!

I wasn't dismissing £20 you have read this wrong, it is something that me and my child are entitled to regardless of wage. I wasn't saying that well its only 20 quid I don't need this And I dont appreciate the value of money etc I am no way saying that I am above having the money at all.

Last edited:
em ... when my earnings drop, me and hubby will have no disposable income after bills? So essentially we are in the same position - as those who only earn a couple hundred pounds a month and get no help.

However, benefits are calculated on the earnings that you received the previous year

Plus in case there's any doubt £80ish a month will make a massive difference to me

But when those people return to work then they will earn a lot more..

Now, now ladies, lets play nice!!

They system isn't fair regardless of whether you are a low, medium or high earner so we're all in this together.

I live in London hun, the cost of living is astronomical and I am paid a salary that reflects this. The fact OH and I earn "London" money allows us to live in London if that makes sense. Although I am currently the main breadwinner - OH is self employed and his trade is very quiet at the moment!

Once I go to SMP I lose practically 3/4 of my monthly salary....

I know we "chose" to live in London and I "choose" a job that only pays SMP but this is our situation and we have to cope with it.

So for me £20 a week is going to come in very handy.

Luckily we have a very reasonable rent (we rent from a family member who has no mortgage and lives abraod), we do have savings and I am very good with money but life isn't going to be easy.

I went to uni but I have worked full time since I was 21 (11 years!) yet it is going to be a struggle for me to even take a year off to be with my child.

Don't even get me started on childcare costs :shock: :shock:

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Likeee i said how do uno i didnt mean ppl who earn more should get abit more as bigget mortgage, diff bill system, most likely have a better car then my 206 lol so bigger insurance more diesel or petrol ..
All i said was i dont see how ppl who earn more notice 20 quid .

Yawwwwwn om signing out of this people are getting rather touchy

Anywayyyy!!

So can you apply for it online or does it have to be a hard copy? Also does anyone know anything about childrens saving type accounts? I don't have much money at all but what I do have spare I would like to put into their future xxx

I went to my local nationwide and spoke to an adviser im doing the same putting money away .. Think its a good idea :)

Do you need to pay for the savings account or is it free? And will it be just as safe if it is free? x

I thought there was a child trust fund type thing from the government but something tells me that was scrapped in the last election maybe

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AnastasiaKh
Back