How many times a day should you feel baba, and when to start counting?

Nat28

Reaction score
So when was at the doctors i asked how many times a day i should feel baby move, and when to start counting, i didnt quiet grasp what he said about when to start counting!! But he said in a 24 hour period you should feel baby move at least 10 times, if its more then thats ok, but at least 10 times, is this correct? I thought was more that thatx

Tri hopping! My mum told me just the other day when she was pregnant with me it's at least 10 times a day you should feel movement :) x

Yer 10 movements a day and they tell u to start counting them from 28 weeks xxx

Ohhh thanks ladies, so its 28 weeks ive got a while yet then to start counting!!!x

They do say 10 movements per day but its also important to take note of your baby's own individual pattern and frequency of movement and look out for any significant changes. So for example if you have a particularly active baby (like my LO, she seems to wriggle pretty much all the time!) you may normally feel them say 30 times a day so if one day you only felt them 10 times that would actually be reduced movements and should probably be checked out. Hope that makes sense! Xxx

Yeah that makes sense amandaz, have you started counting movement amanda? what about in regards to a anterior as placenta as some movement can be cushioned that always worries me !! I feel more than 10 movements a day now id say, but sometimes they can be strong kicks, then sometimes when shes perhaps behind placenta i dont feel them so hard and feel quiet distant, i worry incase i miss them!! I guess ever in doubt just get checkedx

I think it's definitely more like ammdaz says and it depends on your baby's patterns. If you notice a difference you should consider getting it checked. All babies are different. My friend was always in being checked as her boy was a lazy little blighter! :)
Obviously this only applies after about 28 weeks when you feel regular movement you can monitor. I feel a lot of movement so ill only start counting if it goes quiet. I'd get 10 before breakfast :)

Think my little madam is a lazy bugger! She has her spells where she goes crackers, but doesnt wriggle or kick all the time like others have described, maybe my placenta position has something to do with that, but gona not worry about counting until 28 week mark then!x

I think like you say if you're ever in doubt get checked. I haven't got an anterior placenta but like you I still find that sometimes the movements are really strong and other times less so, I think at this stage position can make a big difference, sometimes my LO seems to be kicking inwards rather than outward and those movements feel more muffled. I would imagine that as your baby grows the anterior placenta will have less of an impact on the movements so you'll feel a bit more and get to know a pattern more. I haven't started counting movements yet because I'm still a bit early but if I did notice that she was having a quiet day I'd still go and get checked out. Xxx

Yeah i notice kicks are sometimes inwards past couple of days alot of the kicks have been inwards so ive atherd shes facing other ways, whereas few days before you could see them moving my tummy!!! Yeah if i felt no movement now id still ring for advice and get checkedx

I was wondering this today. What counts as a movement then, I mean is one kick class as one movement?? X

I was wondering this today. What counts as a movement then, I mean is one kick class as one movement?? X

Anytime u feel baby move i.e a kick a punch turning over it is classed as a movement xx

our little girl is a right wriggler and its all day with a few quite spells, whe i start cooking or thinking about food she goes mental until after i've ate. I hope she's not going to be a right buster!

I've worried a few times when i've had quite days but with being earlier i've put that down to her having a groth spurt and sleeping a lot more. There's always something to worry about I suppose this is the next stage of the worrying!! I love feeling her, got a filling done at the dentist today and she was going crackers it made me jump ha!

my last lo was really lazy but always moved after a cold drink and chocolate so if those hadnt worked id have called the mw. you have to be aware that also if your really busy sometimes you dont notice the kicks etc til you sit and chill out. but yeah its 10 movements in 24 hours as a basic guide and from 28 weeks

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back