How many times in 24 hours? (BF)

Nurse 26

Reaction score
hey ladies, how many times in 24 hours does your baby feed?

Harry is 14 weeks and feeds 6 times in 24hours, the odd time he will have 7 and feed for between 20-30 mins.

Do you think this is enough for his age? im taking him to be weighed for first time in 4 weeks tomorrow so i guess i will be able to tell more then.

Its just i keep reading that they should feed more often than this, as a newborn he used to feed every hour and a half, prob 10-12 times a day.

Last edited:
Tyler fed every 2 hours at that age and 1-2 hours through the night. I wouldn't worry about amount it weights ok as babies get more efficient at sucking! Good luck!

thanks, hes not feeding at night anymore, his last feed is 8.30pm then he sleeps till anywhere between 5-7am.

Would he be waking if he was hungry at night?

Yeah I sometimes wonder if Tyler's up so much because he doesn't eat much in the day but when he does sleep well it makes no difference.

thanks, hes not feeding at night anymore, his last feed is 8.30pm then he sleeps till anywhere between 5-7am.

Would he be waking if he was hungry at night?

he would def let you know if he was hungry...

he must just be very efficient :)

I know its a bit diff cos she bottle fed, but hannah has 5 feeds in 24 hours..she is on 7oz bottles.. xx

we prob at the moment just have a couple more than you - but it depends on how his night is. Sometimes he'll go thru from 9-4 then sleep thru til 8ish but other times he'll wake up at 6 wanting food!

So sounds about right as my Harry is a couple of weeks younger xx

T bag gets fed,

7am
11am
2.30/3pm
5pm
6.30pm
10/10.30pm

The 5pm feed is a smaller one before bath. I don't feed her in the night now.

Thanks ladies! Tor yours sounds roughly the same as ours although we dont have set times it just depends on when he wakes.

we will see what the scales say tomorrow.

I wish I could count. I'd say we feed every 2-3hrs and that's as well as 3 meals a day. He wakes up usually at least twice at night but I'm too sleepy it might have gone down to once lately. He's happy, I'm happy, that's what matters.

thanks ladies, had him weighed yesterday and 3hourly feeds seems to be fine, he put on his usual 6oz a week for the past 4 and is still following the same centile line he was born on, so i'm pleased with that, even though its 2nd centile line, haha hes such a tiddly little thing although very long :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back