My baby barely moves...

ButterflySkye

Reaction score
When I first started feeling her move it was amazing. Over a week ago me and my oh were watching my belly move from the kicks. However now. I probably get one tiny kick and that's it a day. And that's been the case for the past 3 days. How many days do I go until I should worry. I have the odd kick like once a day but haven't seen my belly actually move in a while.

Is it possible to just have a very quiet baby? Like be very loud one moment in there and then go quiet for days at times? I can never contact my midwife because when she doesn't work she has her phone off.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Many thanks

Xxxxxxxxx

i have a section in my notes that says after 26 weeks it is very important to be aware of baby's activity, become familiar with baby's typical daily pattern of movements and contact midwife or maternity unit immediately if you feel the movements have decreased. i went in my last pregancy at 25 weeks because i had felt movement for weeks and then nothing for a few days, they asked me to go in and they had to give me emergency scan as they couldn't find heartbeat on doppler but scan showed why he was lying sidewards with his legs over his head and feet behind his head no idea how he got in that position but he was fine, apparently they can get in funny positions which makes it hard to feel movements i think my little man had got stuck , he soon moved again though, so i would say if you are worried ring the hospital if you cant get in touch with midwife, its laways better to be safe than sorry they may just advise you over the phone or ask you to go and be checked

I would call Triage at the Hospital if I were you - decreased movements was the main sign of a problem in my case. I wasn't overly worried by the lack of movement as I had felt him move, just not that often and movements weren't very strong. I wasn't having any big movements just small kicks and wriggles. It wasn't until I had a scan they realised something was very wrong and he was poorly. I don't want to worry you hunni but I wish I had pushed and gone to hospital sooner. My MW told me if I feel nothin at all for over 30 minutes I should be worried - I was going most of the day and probably would feel anything until evening. I am sure all is fine but best to check to be safe xxx

I went to the triage and they listened to heart beat and they said heart beat sounded lovely however it did drop for about 20 seconds from 142 down to 90bpm. They arent sending me for a scan until 28 weeks. The lady said to me that I could call and go anytime I wanted to and go up. If I havent felt anything by tonight I think ill go back up there. I don't know whether to worry or not! Im just confused.

Butterfly, how far on are you? I get worried because I haven't felt strong kicks but maybe because I'm only just over 20 weeks. I have no idea how much I should be feeling movement and how strongly......it is confusing, especially when its your first.

Hope all is ok

x x x x

Edit to add - http://www.webmd.com/baby/fetal-movement-feeling-baby-kick Just read this, was helpful for me. Might be helpful for you butterfly

x

Last edited:
I didn't feel much movement until 27/28 weeks i had an anterior placenta (on the front) so it was blocking some of the movements, if your worried go back Hun i went a couple of times during the later stages of pregnancy xx

Im 24 weeks and the midwife just tried to reassure me not to worry. But now all I am doing is worrying.
I havent got a clue what to do I just feel Im going to be wasting time. If theres still nothing by tomorrow Ill go back

When I first started feeling her move it was amazing. Over a week ago me and my oh were watching my belly move from the kicks. However now. I probably get one tiny kick and that's it a day. And that's been the case for the past 3 days. How many days do I go until I should worry. I have the odd kick like once a day but haven't seen my belly actually move in a while.

Is it possible to just have a very quiet baby? Like be very loud one moment in there and then go quiet for days at times? I can never contact my midwife because when she doesn't work she has her phone off.

If anyone has any ideas please let me know

Many thanks

Xxxxxxxxx

I am pregnant with my first baby, but my OH has had two daughter's already with his ex girlfriend. I didnt start feeling much movement up untill I was I think around 23+ weeks and it wasnt much, whereas my sister is 3 days behind me in pregnancy and she had a very active baby and I thought it was strange and started to worry but my partner reassured me about it, as his ex girlfriend with his first child only felt her kick once in the whole 9 months.

Whereas mine seem's to be more active, he has felt it kick/punch many of times and now he even can sit and watch as it moves around my tummy, changing my tummies shape. All I would say is, please dont panic, no pregnancy is the same, you might not have much movement but maybe someone you know does, or it could have been the other way around xx

Make a pregnancy ticker

At 24 weeks you probably won't notice any sort of routine in movements yet, I went to hospital as this was the case for me at 30 weeks gestation - i had felt him move much more before. He had been a right wriggler, then over the space of 2 weeks it started to decrease little by little. I thought you were a little further along, I don't think you need to be too concerned at this stage re movements. Ethan's heart rate didn't cause concern at Triage, although they should of done more as apparently his heart rate was too steady - constantly at around 135 bpm with no accelerations - they should she accelerations in baby's heart rate. If its steady then this can signal distress, never knew this before.

When i was pregnant with my son i hardly felt him move at all. I went back and forward getting his heartbeat checked as i was worried even in the last few weeks pregnant friends were being woke up in the night by their bumps and i felt nothing... My son was born healthy weighing 9 pounds exactly MWs told me he just couldnt move as my bump was pretty neat and he was so big and long lol so try not to worry. Ive felt nothing in the pregnancy at all and every1 says you will feel ur 2nd quicker. Im considering buying a doppler lol.

It depends on how your baby is lying, I don't feel that much movement, but the baby is lying with her spine against my stomach wall, so all her kicks etc are directed inside and not at stomach wall, midwife told me this morning its completely normal and that she will soon turn and move and i would feel more kicks. She checked babys position again this morning and she still lying with her spine up against my stomach wall, same as scan showed, heartbeat was good and strong as well. Midiwfe said to me make the most of how she is lying atm, as when she turns I will really feel them.

Do you have a doppler? Its a godsend to me, I can listen to HB plus you can hear the kicks etc even if you can't feel them

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back