How many bottles do I need in hospital bag?

claire23

Reaction score
Hi ladies wasnt sure where to ask this,
Im undecided whether to bf or ff so want to go prepared incase I bottle feed (having baby Tuesday by csection so need to be organised) how many bottles will I need to pack? And is it best to take the ready made cartons (only bought 3 so far so will buy more if they are best to take) or the tubs of formula as il be in a few days? Thanks for any help :) xx

My hospital provided milk, but SMA sell a starter pack of 12 glass bottles and teats. I found Harry only wanted 30ml every 2 hours so a lot of milk would be wasted if you're using larger ready made cartons. Good luck for Tuesday, so exciting! x

The bottles and teats had to be thrown if not drunk after an hour on our hospital.
I took in sma sachets which made up 3-4 oz and a couple bottles.
Good luck xx

My hospital provided them too - we were told in our anti-natal classes that we didn't need to take formula. Give your mw a call and ask.

If you had to take your own, I'm guessing you'd need a load, as they only take a tiny amount every couple of hours, so a lot of waste.

The hospital I went to provided the milk formula in little sterile read to use bottle/pots x

Thanks ladies, think I will take the little cartons of Aptimal and a few bottles, I was told they do have milk but usually only give it if for any reason I can't bf, I'm sure they won't let her starve though if I get it wrong and I can get some dropped in by OH or my sister xxx

I planned to BF with Jack so never took anything with me to FF. BFing didn't work out and they provided me with formula until OH bought a couple of ready made cartons and a couple of bottles in.

My hospital has a 'steralising room' with a fridge and steralisers etc. We had to write our bed number on the cartons of milk but could use the steralisers when needed. This time i'm taking 2 steralised bottles and 4 cartons of ready made formula in with me because i'm not sure whether i'm going to try and BF yet x

My hospital provided milk but I would take a started kit , the cartons are great but once opened you will need to store them in a fridge x

I took a starter kit of 12 ready made bottles, but the midwife told hubby to take it home and use their milk xx

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back