How long to wait for AF?UPDATE AF IS HERE!!!

x Naomi x

Reaction score
Thought i would start the ball rolling! :wave:

Well its 5 weeks since i started miscarrying (4 weeks since it was confirmed)

We decided to start BD'ing before AF arrived around 3 weeks ago, i was still getting a really faint BFP last weekend

I have started getting sore boobs again now but trying to not get hopes up that i am already pregnant again in case it is AF on its way although i didnt get sore boobs before AF before the misscarriage

Dont know when to test again though with not having AF its very frustrating

I know it is possible to get pregnant again straight after but dont want to get my hopes up!

:wave:
hey hun its a tough one this,
without having af it is really hard to judge but i would say its looking good if you have the sore boobs ect.
if i was you i would wait 2 weeks (if you can) then test as if your not you should get bfn if you are you should get a dark bfp
good luck hun im rooting for you
manda xx

I agree its hard to tell without AF inbetween... the only way I knew for sure was I miscarried and then when I finished the bleed i tested and it was negative not even a faint line and then a few weeks later I thought let me just test (thinking it will probably be negative anyway) and it was positive...

only thing I could suggest is to monitor yor symptoms and test every week... if Mr p is still missing in say a mth (Yeah I know a mth feels like a year...) then test and with fingers crossed it will be positive

xxxx good luckxxxx

hey, hun i agree with the girls if you possibily can hold off testing for a week or 2 just in case AF is approaching, but if still no sign then id test.

sorry cant be much help hunni x x x :hug:

The doctors think I had a misscarriage last year but will never know for sure before this I never had sore boobs before a period but now they get very sore every month, I dont know if this is normal but its what happened to me so just putting it forward as a possiblity.

I really hope you get your bfp soon!!! :hug:

Oh wow- fingers crossed hun. If you can try not to think about it too much (ok, now I know that sounds ridiculous!) then if you are pg you should be a few weeks in when you really know which would be good. I would like to be able to go to sleep and wake up 12 weeks pregnant but every week you don't actually know but are is kind of cool as long as it's not driving you mad thinking about the possibility?

Really hope it has happened for you hun but if it hasn't then I hope AF isn't too long

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

Thanks everyone, ive ordered myself another batch of ebay cheapy tests- the same ones as i used last time i was TTC, they wont be here til at least monday so will probably do one when they get here

To be honest i will be fine either way because i will know my body is getting back to normal so having AF isnt a disappointment but if i was pregnant it would be a bonus LOL!

:hug:

My first AF arrived exactly 5 weeks after my D&C. It was such a relief to get my AF as I finally felt a bit of closure. I didn't feel like TTC until I got my first AF, but I got faint positives during those 5 weeks. I believe I got my first negative a few days after AF started.

I know its frustrating. I hope AF or a BFP comes soon. :hug: :hug:

Hi,

I've read about women who have got pregnant straight after a m/c so it certainly is possible. I would probably leave it a few days longer, and if nothing has happened, test again. I was warned it can take a little while for things to settle down after a m/c although my AF arrived 33 days later, which is in the range of my usual cycle.

All the best of luck :hug:

Just a little update , i know it got wiped after the hacking incident yesterday evening

Getting negative tests now and still no AF so just a waiting game now i suppose!

Oh I'm sorry NW1 I have been watching to see if you got a BFP. Can you see your doctor to get something to start your AF, I think I have seen it mentioned that you can take something to stimulate AF?

Really sorry to hear about the negs NW1, was really hoping you'd get a pos. Hope AF turns up very soon so you'll be in a new cycle.

:hug:

I was wondering what had happened last night!

Ahh thanks everyone

I dont mind getting BFN's because at least now i know if i get a BFP i wont get confused and will know its definately a new one!

I think i will give it a while longer to see if now ive got no hormone left, my body might kick start itself back into action hopefully!

Oh pants, I thought you might have a BFP. Good to hear you so positive, you're right, if you get a BFP now there'll be no doubt which is a good thing. You sound right about the hormones and the delay in AF too, that would make a lot of sense.

Come on AF!

:hug: :hug: :hug:
+++

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

Really relieved AF is here! was starting to worry

Now i can get myself a TTC ticker again and jump on over to TTC section!

See you over there everyone :wave:

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I'm doing a "horray for AF" dance here, just as well you can't see as it would be very embarrasing! I actually cheered when I read your post but thankfully no one was around to ask me why! :lol:

I felt so so much better after AF had turned up, hope you do too. See you in TTC although I'm trying very hard not to be in there too much as everyone else's obsession combined with mine got me wound up so badly when we were TTC last time that I lost the plot in the space of about 5 weeks! Am trying to limit myself to a once a day TTC check.

So glad hun!
+++

I know what you mean, i too try and only come on once a day but so far this is my 3 rd visit!!!

nw1 said:
I know what you mean, i too try and only come on once a day but so far this is my 3 rd visit!!!

Lol! I think I just visited TTC for the 8th time today so that's not working is it?!

+++

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back