AF allover the place after MMC

Ker31

Reaction score
Hi guys, looking for a bit of advice, I had a D and C on 11 Oct after a missed MC. I wanted to TTC again straight away but decided to wait to AF to show which she did exactly 28 days later. I'm always bang on 28 days so was delighted and started TTC, was a week late in Nov but didn't feel pregnant then AF arrived on day 35. I figured I got my OV dates wrong then so started TTC in Dec and then today out of nowhere on day 22 the witch arrived. I know everyone's different and it takes the body time to heal etc etc but I want to be pregnant now! My question is, is it possible that you can have AF without ovulating? Because before I was pregnant I used to be able to tell when I ovulated and havnt felt it since I was pregnant. Also am considering getting a CB monitor but kinda wanted to hold off on doing that as I'm kind of of the opinion that if I start using one and then afterva few months am still not pregnant I really will be devastated. This TTC stuff is so hard!

I agree it is hard! Hugs to you hun.. I'm not as far down the line as you, just one AF since MC mine was 10 days late if dating from MC but about right going by neg PG test. I MC naturally the day before my DC so don't know if that makes a difference. I was determined to get PG straight away so used opks and got a surge, but I know you can get a surge but not enough to ov so don't know if I really did. From reading up it is apparently normal for women to miss ov some cycles. Wish you luck hun and hope your PG soon! xxx

Thanks JOD it does seem to be normal just very frustrating, Fx for both of us! X

mine have been a nightmare, 22 days, 28 days, 30 days bled for 9 days when i used to be bang on 28 days bleed for 4 days. Its just your body geting back to normal hun buts its a massive ballache when ttc as you cant track yur eggs

Hey honey didn't want to read and run, i can understand you being frustrated, i didn't have a DC with mine so not sure if it makes a difference, but a friend of mine was told by a doctor it can take a little longer after a d&C, but then ive had another friend who was told the opposite by a doctor who said you are highly fertile after it.. so who knows?
I do believe you can have a period without ovulating though, as your period is just the build up for your sticky wall in your uterus this is where the egg implants, so its possible for the wall to build up thick but your ovaries don't release an egg.
There are some things you can do to help though, some ladies are saying that angus castus is good to take to regulate your periods, evening primrose oil capsules taken from cd1 till you ovulate helps for cm, and also another thing thats meant to be good (i have in the house but not tried yet as im in 2ww) is preseed lubricant which help the little swimmers.
good luck xx

Hi ker,

Unfortunately each person is different some ladies have gone back to normal cycles straight after mc others haven't. Mine has taken a long time.

To have AF an egg is released, I have no Ov pain on my left side but I can tell immediately if I Ov on my right side and it worried me but after lots of research it's just an anomaly.

I think you would be ok getting the monitor they will go back to normal but you still fall in the normal range of cycles. Just keep taking Pre conception vitamins.

Good luck!xx

Thanks so much for all your replies ladies, it really is like a little world here in this forum where unfortunately so many of us have gone through the same sadness. Really hope we all get the BFP's we all deserve soon

we will hun, i dont know what i wud have done without this place tbh :hugs: we r all here if yiu need us

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lauramayne90
Back