How long to wait for a midwife app

Rummy

Reaction score
Morning Ladies!

I saw my doctor last Tuesday to tell her I was pregnant & she didnt do much at all apart from give me a booklet to read. I felt rather rushed & didnt get to ask any questions. I was just wondering how long I have to wait before I get an appointment with a midwife, I am 8 weeks now and not sure how long I should leave it before I start pestering my doctor again.

I know it varies from area to area but I really am clueless & could do with some advice!!! Any ideas?! :)

I reported my pregnancy to my dr and i had a two week wait till my midwife called to arrange my booking in. (i feel a little naughty now though cos I've had an early scan and I'm only 6 weeks not 8 so I've had my booking in too early!)

It does seem that different areas have different waiting times!
x

I also had an early scan at 6 weeks, i was under the ACU so they scanned me to make sure all was good when we found out i was pregnant. It was so amazing seeing a little heartbeat, such a relief but now I am all scared again, 4 weeks seems sooo far away!

I saw my GP at 6 weeks pregnant and didnt see a midwife for booking in untill i had my scan at 13+6! everywhere does it differently but i think most places see u for booking in before a scan at 12weeks. x

ive never told my doctor, when i find out i always just call surgery and book to see the midwife myself via the receptionist. usually get seen the next week

You should be booked in at least a couple of weeks before you are due for your scan. So if they don't get back to you in the next week or two just check with your doc to make sure they haven't forgotten you and make sure you filled in the necessary forms for them to send to the hospital (which is what I had to do before the midwife could contact me). xxx

I told my doctor at just under 5 weeks and midwife rang about a week later. I have my first appointment with her on the 13th, so I will be just 6weeks and 4 days- this seems really early compared to some people, but didn't get more than a few mins with dr so will be good to see midwife and have a proper chat! Dr said I'd get a scan around 12 weeks, so it's going to be a long wait after seeing midwife!

I told my doctor at just under 5 weeks and midwife rang about a week later. I have my first appointment with her on the 13th, so I will be just 6weeks and 4 days- this seems really early compared to some people, but didn't get more than a few mins with dr so will be good to see midwife and have a proper chat! Dr said I'd get a scan around 12 weeks, so it's going to be a long wait after seeing midwife!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back