Waiting to see a midwife

sarahshorty

Reaction score
Hi, i'm feeling a bit frustrated at the moment. I went to see my doctor on Tues which was a week after i found out i was pregnant. I told her that i had moved house and because i don't live in their midwifes area she said i had to register with a surgery closer to home.

So i've done that but now have to wait at least 3 days before i can even make an appointment to see a midwife.

I'm just over 6 weeks and i wondered if there was anything i should or shouldn't be doing? I'm just a bit worried as it's going to be more like 7 weeks before i can get any advise from a midwife. So any tips from anyone would be much appreciated.

Thanks Sarah

Hi Hun, take folic acid, avoid undercooked egg and meat (bye bye delicious medium rare steaks), unpasturised cheese, home made Mayo (helmanns is fine) and pates. Most people don't see mw until between 8-10 weeks so don't worry too much x x x

Thanks for your reply. I've been taking folic acid since we started trying so i've got that covered. But i'll be careful to avoid the foods you said.

I am in a similar position Sarah, almost in week 9 and feel like I am mugging the postman in the morning in the hope he has an appointment for me. Was at docs again last week and she reassured will see a m/w before 12 weeks but i feel like i've just been 'left' if that makes sense.

Sx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back