• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

how long does it take?

kirlykird

Reaction score
My friend is now in slow labour :cheer:

She's been told she can go to hosp when contractions are 5 mins apart...
they are now 6 mins apart and she was wondering how long it can take to go from 6 to 5 mins if that makes sense?

Any opinions gratefully received

everybody varies hun, my sisters contractions were every 6/7 minutes for about 14 hours then suddenly she was fully dilated and contractions were 2 minutes apart!

its varies from person to person, can go really quickly, or really drag...

Thanks Lozzijane! :D

Very quick reply , it's her first and I can't really help as mine were born via pre planned c section so I'm just as lost as she is !

I'm all excited though, her baby is on the way! :cheer:

Hows she doing? Every labour is different but i was in slow labour with my first, my waters started trickling at 4.30am on the friday morning and i had the odd pain, but i made the big mistake of going the hospital at 10am. They gave me an internal and some more waters went so they kept me in, it was one of the worst experiences of my life. As i didn't start getting pains again til 8pm, and 8pm was visitors kicking out time, they sent my husband and mom home and there was no room on a delivery ward so i was stuck there in established labour with no pain relief until 7am when the nurses shift changed and the new nurse went mad saying i should have been in delivery hours ago. Labour went on til 4pm when i was too tired to push my daughter out and had to have a spinal block and forceps delivery!!

depends hun..they could stop and start again...or just slow down or they could change very quickly! i was in slow labour for ages, the contractions kept stopping and slowing down but when baby decided to come they came thick and fast! she'll soon know when its time to go in!!

Still 6 mins apart...

bless her she's really struggling :(

She was crying down the phone to me half an hour ago.. she's in pain and feels like she can't do it.

I feel sorry for her... m/w thinks it's a big baby and she's usually a small size 8.. hope she will be ok :(

:cheer: she had a little boy at 11.21am, he weighed 7lb 11 oz and they are both doing really well! :clap:

I'm so excited, I love babies! :cheer: :cheer: :dance:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back