How long does it take to get results from PCOS scan?

JPS

Reaction score
Hello, I am going for a pelvis, trans-vaginal and upper abdomen scan tomorrow. Can they tell from looking at the scan straight away? Do they give you the results after the scan or do you have to ring up a few days later?

I have been on depo provera (Last injection 18 months ago) and my cycle is still really erratic. My sister has PCOS so I am getting checked too...

ps... sorry I posted this in 'trying to conceive with fertility issues' forum as well to be sure to get as much advise as possible.

Really nervous...

:wave: Hi I did not want to read and run. I am not sure about the answer just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow :hug:

Tx for the support. Much appreciated.

A&J said:
:wave: Hi I did not want to read and run. I am not sure about the answer just wanted to wish you luck for tomorrow :hug:
same here good luck :hug: :hug:

I'm such a paranoid worrying goof... turned up at the hospital early to ensure as short a wait as poss for the drop in clinic at Hammersmith hospital only to find they don't do drop ins on Fridays.... It did say on the back of my form but I am not thinking straight... Made an appointment for next Friday...

Hi JPS,

Let us know how you get on next Friday. I've got a scan on the 10th September but I don't know what they will be checking for, it's a 1st stage fertility scan whatever that means... :think:

Tx Ellie, There is a link at the top of 'TTC with complications' forum to a fantastic NHS resource that explains a lot about the tests.... It is def worth a read although i need to re read to see if we are having the same thing or if they are different..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
candigrams
Back