How long does it take to get results from PCOS scan?

JPS

Reaction score
Hello, I am going for a pelvis, trans-vaginal and upper abdomen scan tomorrow. Can they tell from looking at the scan straight away? Do they give you the results after the scan or do you have to ring up a few days later?

I have been on depo provera (Last injection 18 months ago) and my cycle is still really erratic. My sister has PCOS so I am getting checked too...

they should get some idea straight away from the scan by looking at how your ovaries look, they may need to do blood tests to confirm but they should only take about 1 week to come back xxx

JPS said:
Hello, I am going for a pelvis, trans-vaginal and upper abdomen scan tomorrow. Can they tell from looking at the scan straight away? Do they give you the results after the scan or do you have to ring up a few days later?

I have been on depo provera (Last injection 18 months ago) and my cycle is still really erratic. My sister has PCOS so I am getting checked too...

When I was scanned the Sonographer wouldn't tell me anything! - He just told me I would have to get my results from my GP....Which made me think, God, something really must be wrong if he can't even say, oh everything is fine or yes, here's a little problem etc....But apparently thats just protocol....Obviously they know what they are looking out but aren't allowed to give a diagnosis. The images have to be sent to your GP for him/ her to review.
-However I was really lucky, I got my results the same day as my GP rang and asked if I would pop back in for my results.

I suppose it depends who does the scan then cos my cons did my scan so was able to give me all the info there and then (not pcos but endo!)

I got diagnosed 12 years ago and it was VERY obvious from the scan they were polycystic. The scanning woman told me there and then but even I could see all the cysts.

I had an ultrasound recently to have my ovaries and the blood flow to them checked along with my womb, fallopian tubes and everything else. The sonographer talked me through it step by step, all was fine. I didnt have to wait for the results as they had already told me everything i needed to know! No point to writing up results as well. I don't know why the other lady on here had to wait, it seems she is the only one though so i guess you will know there and then. Good luck :hug:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back