How long did you want before ttc after miscarriage?

april7176

Reaction score
I have read lots on the internet that it is best to wait at least 1 full cycle before trying but have also read of many people who conceived straight away and went on to have healthy babies. If you are emotionally ready what do people think about when you should start trying after an early miscarriage (5 weeks)?

April xxxxxx

They generally say wait 3 months to make sure your body is ready..

but if you feel up to it then no harm in trying again..

sorry to hear of your loss and good luck in trying again :hug: :hug:

Hi April,

I was told to wait one month they tell u that because then u can work out ur dates better, but i guess u know urself when ur ready to try again all the best with ur ttc and sorry to hear of ur m/c.

puppy :hug:

We were told to wait until had normal period before trying again, I think they recommend 3 months for the emotional side of things rather than the physical. It then took me 8 months to fall again.

I was told no BDing at all for the first cycle :shock:

It seemed a long wait as AF took 5 and a half weeks to show and I did feel ready to get back to TTC.

There's quite a lot of varying advice on different websites if you do a google search.

I miscarried at 5 1/2 weeks and was advised to wait for my next period before trying again so that should I fall pregnant the dates would be easier to calculate.
We tried straight after my period which arrived spot on 21 days after the miscarriage and fell pregnant straight away. It was an emotional strain after the miscarriage as we had never even thought it could happen to us but we had to come to terms with it and told ourselves that 'spot' was a trail run to make sure we were ready for the commitment of a baby and gave us the opportunity to conceive 'Beany'.
We now have a beautiful little boy!!
Goodluck and make the decision thats right for you and one word of advice is to cry when you need to (I used to blub when walking the dog with my OH just right out of the blue) and talek to each other as your both going through this as a couple!!!

When I m/c at christmas I was told to give it one month and then try again if I was ready.

My friend lost a baby about 5 or 6 weeks and she got pregnant straight away and her baby is healthy. She wasnt planning of getting pregnant she was waiting for her period to go on the pill but her period never came.

Its really up to you hunny.

Hello
I agree with the girls I was told a month by a gyne and 3 months by my doc, I decided to wait 3 as I was still in a state, this forum has been amazing through all the ups and downs, we are now TTC and I think I may have fallen preg again, just do what feels right pet

I mc in october last year and didnt deliberately try for another baby, but then found i was pregnant by christmas.I think not deliberately TTC helped me with my quick result x

That's great news ladies!! :) Thanks for that, it's lovely to hear positive news! :)

the doc told me to wait 2 months, because I had a d + c. He says that has an effect on your womb, etc, and you need 2 months for it to be sorted and in best condition. I didn't want to do anything that might give increased risk of another m/c so am waiting. Better than an increased chance of it happening again or of complications, IMHO.

I alo wanted to get a good couple of months of eating vitamins/ folic acid in, our pregnancy was a surprise so I hadn't be taken the folic acid etc. Because of an epilepsy medication I take, I need a high dose folic acid. So wanted to build the levels up to give baby the best chance. They said to wait 3 months for that, but that would annoy us too much. And condoms :x

So, it's what ever suits you really but a month or so isn't long to wait for me, if it gives baby the best chance. I also have suffered from depression etc in the past, so wanted to leave a bit longer for my psychological well-being.

I suppose you could go on things like this- your opinion of your medical history weighed up against your doctor's recommendation.

I've already had 2 m/c's now, which is why I'm erring on the side of caution.

i was told 3 months but got at it straight away-it kinda made the pain easier :?

Good luck whatever you decide :hug:

I like many others used TTC to help me heal... but it can be painful seeing your period month after month..... if you do go on to TTC.. then please use the forum and all the support and advice the ladies can give you... it helps more than you know... and when your not alone!!! well you can share disappointment and JOY !

I got my BFP only 4 months after my last MMC...... previously I had tried for over 9 months.... so YIPPEE ! ! :dance: oh yes.. one more good point.... We mums who have previously MC'd are less likely to lose again than mums who have not experienced loss .....

Good luck Darling :hug: hope you get your BFP soon! Lv Yvonne xx

Hi, sorry about your loss hun.
I didnt have a natural misscarrige I had an induced one at about 14 weeks because my baby had a severe kind of spina bifida. Like the other ladies said I was told to wait a month, but we started trying again as soon as I stopped bleeding, but it did take 3 months (which I think is the average length of time)
Only you know when you are ready to try again, but try not to put too much pressure on yourself (easier said than done I know) It will happen and the more relaxed you are the easier it will be.
Good luck.

I had a miscarriage in early May - I read a really nice story about a woman who had a miscarriage and became pregnant again two weeks later (!); her baby was born five days after her lost baby's due date. Again, it depends when you're ready - a cycle is a sign that your body is willing so when your spirit is ready too then the time is right. Good luck and God bless.

Well thanks to everyone for all your replies!! :)

As it happens I found out on Sunday that I am in fact pregnant again within first cycle after MC which means I did conceive 2 weeks after MC!!!!

Got all my fingers and toes crossed that this is a sticky one!!

Good luck to all the rest of you trying. :)

April
x

april7176 said:

As it happens I found out on Sunday that I am in fact pregnant again within first cycle after MC which means I did conceive 2 weeks after MC!!!!

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Congratulations :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

april7176 said:

Got all my fingers and toes crossed that this is a sticky one!!

Good luck to all the rest of you trying. :)

April
x

me too! i ahd a miscarriage and 8 weeks later i went to the doctors because i hadnt had a period and im pregnant! congrats hope everything goes ok this time. I cant wait for my early scan i wanna know everything is ok!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back