how long did it take to get doctors apointment

pammie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

Phoned my GP surgery on friday morning to get an apointment to see a GP to refere me to a midwife/hospital and the reseptionist told me that the next appointment is 26th july to see a midwife to do all the referals, i asked can i see anyone earlier as i have had a miscarrige last year and need to sort out the amount of folic acid i need (because of my epilepsy medication i need a higher dose) and she said SO you will have to wait just like everyone else, Boy was i put back into my anxious waiting place.

So what happens next? if i wait to see the doctors midwife how long do you think it will be for the referal to come through and get a scan at the hospital?

I know am being impatient but she wouldnt even ask anyone how much folic acid i need to take so i could buy myself some.

Pammie
xx

I can't answer you question babes as we all seem to receive different treatment depending on the area you live in.

I can give you my experience.

I got my BFP on a Friday, and waited untill wednesday for an appointment with my GP to get my pregnancy confirmed and to discuss my medication. I was around 5 weeks by this point.

I had my booking appointment with my midwife at 11 weeks + 5.

My 12 week scan was at 12 weeks + 3.

I think that it is important that you get an appointment soon as you have medication issues to discuss and I would get back on the phone and demand an appointment.

Hope I have been able to help in some way. Let us know how you get on. xxx

Thankyou NIE

That helps
Think i will get back on to my doctors tomorrow, and may ring my neurologist as well if i get no joy
Thankyou wil let you know how i get on
Pam xx

make a normal doc appointment , or ask for an emergancy appoitment !

definatly.. make a dr appt.. if u cant get one go to tesco and get folic acid.. i think the mg's that they do is recomended amount x

When i found out i was pg, i had to see a nurse to do a test and have it confirmed, i was 5 weeks by then. Then a week later i had to see a midwife,doc and health visitor all in an hour appointment where i was refered to the hospital. I had no further contact from any one but they messed up paper work etc ( long story) then my 1st scan was 14+1 wks was ment to be 12! :hug:

Thanks everybody

I went to tesco and they where really helpfull so i have my folic acid and multi vits until i get to see my doc.
only a week left to wait now

Pam

I phoned my doc and had an appointment within two days to confirm the pregnancy (today) and next friday I book in with the midwife :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back