No booking in apointment befor 12 week scan?

BEX101

Reaction score
Hello, i live in Aberdeenshire and just tested possitive. I called the doctors to see about getting an appointment with the midwife. They put me staight through to the materinty department who were very nice on the phone and booked me in for my 12 week scan there and then. I asked when i would see the midwife they said that appointment would be booked after the scan? I'll be at least 3 months gone by then! What happened to my booking in appointment? Last time i saw someone in the 1st month, got asked a load of questions and given folic acid tablets to take. I've had to go out and buy my own folic acid tablets (isnt the 1st 3 months important for folic acid?)

also last time i had an ovarian cyst and was in hospital having a blood transfusion when i was 10 weeks pregnant (i did tell this to the midwife) but they seem unconcerned and dont want to see me befor the scan.

Does this sound right to everyone? maybe this is normal in Aberdeenshire?

It does sound a bit strange! Maybe they have changed things in your area but i would of thought that you would of had the nutritional advice and folic acid given, plus had your notes to go to the scan! I don't really know what you should do but keep taking your folic acid and watch the things you eat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back