Feel so embarest :( *updated pg3

tracey 2 said:
but she looked at me and said i couldnt see her as she wasnt there, and that i didnt look pregnant.

What on earth does she expect at nine weeks? The woman's clearly an imbecile. Luckily I haven't had too many problems with our receptionists so far (apart from the fact that it took two gos to get my name changed properly despite me filling out the form correctly).

Good luck with your appointment, jenna!

only 2 days to go! :shock: im so nervous for some reason.

At the week end i noticed iv put a bit of weight on my belly, its harder aswell and i have strech marks round my belly button :shock:. I also noticed that my boobs are harder and bigger and i have constant nip on. Is that normal? :shock:

Im so worried that the doctor will say im making this up. DH is acting so weird, he doesnt know wether to believe it or not. Were getting positives and my period is almost 3 weeks late :doh:. I feel like im going mad, i want to be excited but hes doubting it all now! :(

Its natural to just need some kind of confirmation hunny, dont worry, all will be fine :hug: :hug:

Aww jenna bless you hunni! you do make me laugh!

Its your first pregnancy and everything your getting is so normal! Just enjoy it while it lasts, it goes to quick from finding out to the day you have your baby!

Good luck for tomorrow and hope their all nice to you!

I know im a right worrier! :(
I was fine until DH started worrying. He keeps going on about having a scan to make sure its there. Even if the doctor tells me tomorow im pregnant he wont think i am. I would be happy with that though. He keeps asking me how we know its alive and when will its heart start beating. I lost it with him last night because he puts things in my head talking like that and now i dont think hes interested at all. He goes from talking to my tummy to saying he doesnt think im pregnant. Im sure hes just as nervous and emotional as me but i wish he would keep all the negative feelings to hisself! grrr men!! :x

Good luck tomorrow, everything will be fine. I totally understand where you are coming from, my DH does belive it because we had an early scan(before that he was convinced it was in my head) but refuses to talk about it without saying things like ' if it goes ahead' I lost it with him too, I said no matter how much you think about the possible risks it is not going to change how Ill feel if things dont go smoothly, and I refuse to think and talk so negatively. I know he is just scared but I have heard enough of it.

I think your DH is just scared to get excited because he feels he might be dissapointed. He is just being silly and like all men being too vocal :wall: :wall: :hug: :hug:

:rotfl: I'm the same right now! 11 weeks, most of my symptoms seem to have gone and I'm having doubts that I'm pg! My sis was the same, she did another test at 11 weeks to be sure!

DH really sensible about it, he took me through it all and said "Don't you usually have a period once a month" and "Aren't your boobs usually 2 sizes smaller". I said well you should bloody well know! :rotfl:

But I can't wait for the scan next week. I phoned the docs at 5 weeks straight after we'd done the test - it's so deflating to have someone tell you "See you in 3 weeks time!"

Feels like it all moves up a gear next week.

I can really relate to that Okaasan! My symptoms are so mild (I've only actually been sick about 4 times and 3 out of 4 times there wasn't much there) that I constantly find myself doubting whether it's real or not. My DH thinks I'm nuts, but that's nothing new! How I'm going to last another 2 and half weeks I don't know.

Good luck jenna! I'm sure all will be well tomorrow. Hopefully it'll calm down your fella too.

I have no symptoms either, I have my scan next week, so fingers crossed everything will be ok.
I have only been sick once, I dont have sore boobs, ok so i have a tummy, but I could have eaten extra thinking I am pregnant.
Its so silly, but it seems a lot of us think like this!!!!
:wall:
xx

I went to see my doctor today. I rang the surgery first and asked the receptionist whether I had to see the doctor first as I didn't want to look silly :oops:

Anyway, my doctor was lovely and all he asked was when I thought the baby was due, what hospital I wanted to go to and if I was taking folic acid. I assumed that as this is baby number 3 and I knew what to expect he thought there wasn't much more he could tell me so I accepted this.

However, if this was my first I would have expected more information. In his defence though he did ask me if I had any questions to which I said no.

What did surprise me though is that I won't see my midwife until I have had my 12 week scan which I found quite strange as I saw her quite early with the boys. I bet it's due to cut backs and I think it's wrong especially for first time mums.

So I have a few weeks of waiting. Hopefully it won't drag too much. Jenna, I hope your appointment goes well hun. Let us know :D

Phew! it wasnt as bad as i thought. I went in an explained that im sure im pregnant but have a few worries. we went through my cycles and dates and he came to the conclusion im 8 weeks and im due 6th Feb 2008!! :cheer:

He said they dont do tests anymore as home tests are just as reliable. He looked at me kinda funny and said i needed the midwife and he couldnt really do anything for me :? I didnt even bother explaining the faf about with all that last week. He said i needed to book with the midwife and the earliest they had was 20th July anyway which was good because thats about the time i need to see her. He gave me a pack that has everything i need to know in it. Just explained that i shouldnt drink or smoke and to take folic acid.

I need to take a urine sample to the midwife when i see her and the kit went through whats going to happen on my 1st apointment which put my mind at ease. Im a bit scared about the blood tests but im sure ill be fine!
not 100% sure why itll take an hour but i guess ill find out.

I was over the moon when i got home, i sat reading all the booklets. Theyve even given me a diary for my pregnancy which is really cute :D . DH just got strop on and said 'i know it sounds horrible but he didnt ask me anything' :shock: Well i didnt know what to say. Unfortunatly all the pregnancy is going to be about me and i try to keep him involved but then he just goes on about 'what if we lose it'. What would the doctors/midwife ask him anyway? :shock: Hes been right weird lately. :hug:

Aw sounds like DH feels a bit left out :( Just try keep him involved as much as you can. It gets easier to include the men when baby starts kicking because then they can feel it. Glad all went well at appointment :hug:

glad all went well Jenna and i am sure dh will come round when bump starts to appear they seem to get all protective when they see that a bump is there and its theirs too :rotfl:

Glad to hear it went well! As others have said, I'm sure DH just wants to feel involved. Maybe get him one of those 'Blokes guide to pregnancy' books. Having said that, there's nothing to stop him reading your leaflets etc too.

mary70 said:
glad all went well Jenna and i am sure dh will come round when bump starts to appear they seem to get all protective when they see that a bump is there and its theirs too :rotfl:

LoL hes already started calling me a bad mum. Well not so direct but thats what he was implying! :shakehead:
Hes started shouting at people that smoke near me and told them about his baby :rotfl:

My sister keeps saying shes cutting the cord and i think her and craig have had a bit of an argument about it :rotfl: (my sister wants to be a midwife) any one would think shes the dad! :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back