How long after a show.................

Discussion in 'Third Trimester' started by michelles1985, Nov 16, 2007.

1. michelles1985

michelles1985 Well-Known Member

is it that labour usually starts? I went the toilet earlier this evening and I had some brownish discharge in my underwear. Does anyone think this is a show? How much blood/brownish discharge is there usually in a show? Does labour usually happen shortly after this? I've been having more regular BH and tigtening of the stomach for the past few days. What do you guys think??

Thanks in advance. xx

2. gems

gems Well-Known Member

It can be anything from a few hours to a few weeks hun. Not sure if it was your show I had some brown spotting last Sunday and then lost a lump of jelly stuff on Tuesday but am still waiting too. Perhaps it could be the start of something for you. Good Luck! :hug: xxxx

3. BabyLove

BabyLove Well-Known Member

My Best Friend Had Her Show & Three Weeks Later Had Her Baby :) It Was Her Second Though x

4. SarahH

SarahH Well-Known Member

I had my show at 38wks, but still had to get induced and Arianna arrived 13 days late

You'll know when it's your show... it's not just some CM in your underwear it comes out as a big blob.... only way I can describe it is pinkish snot - not nice!! :puke:

5. chezzabell

chezzabell Well-Known Member

Had my show then 1 hr later my waters broke. Everyone if diferent hun :hug:

6. lisa&alex

lisa&alex Well-Known Member

i had brown the morning my waters broke.. good luck.. i doubt you will be that long.. a few days at the most probably.. keep us updated xxx

7. Krystal

Krystal Well-Known Member

the morning i went into Labour i had my show... :hug:

8. Kylie1007

Kylie1007 Well-Known Member

I didn't have the bloody show until in labour (I think.. :think: ) but started losing my mucus plug (yummy!) 5 days before I went into labour.

9. michelles1985

michelles1985 Well-Known Member

Thanks for all your replies. Just to update you: I've still not had my baby.
    I had contractions last night that came every 15 minutes but they were not very painful at all, just a tightening of the stomach and a little bit of pain in my pelvis region, then when in bed last night, I woke at 3.15am with really severe back ache and pains all around my tummy. I thought it might have been the real thing but tried to go back to sleep. I woke every hour with the same pain but when I evetually got up today, they had died down a bit. As it stands now, I'm just getting a lot of back ache and the occassional abdominal pain/tightening.

I know my bump rightfully could be another 3 weeks but I'm getiin gso impatient to meet my son.

How much longer????????????? :(