How independant is your LO?

Kimbo

Reaction score
... Because Leah is a nightmare at the minute.. not sure if it's a stage she's going through but she's wanting constant attention.
I put her down to play,
put her in her jumperoo
in her bouncer
in her car
in her playpen
in her tyre
and she lasts 5 minutes then moans for me to pick her up again.
She has loads of toys, so I thought any baby with the same amount of toys as these would sit happily and play for hours.
She's showered in cuddles and kisses all the time so it's not like shes after loving.
I'm not trying to just shove her away all day but i would like some free time where I can just leave her to occupy herself for a while.
What's your baby like?

Exactly the same!!! In fact i lay her down and instantly starts screaming!!! It's blooming tiring! She's only happy trying to pull at my face and sticking her fingers up my nose!!!

Want me to describe Maddison in one word?......Nightmare!!! She hangs off my legs, arms, shoulders, whatever she can get her hands on and wont let go all day long. I have to hoover with her on my hip and even take her in the shower with me :roll: Dont know when they grow out of it but hope its soon :wink:

Finlay is usually ok but just now he has a cold so keeps moaning to be lifted up

I think today he's played on his mat for about 15 minutes overall

He won't even sleep :roll:

Cally is pretty good. She is sitting now so is happiest sitting on the floor with her toys. She'll stay there for about twenty minutes/half an hour before she gets bored (she is desperate to crawl, cannot wait for her to do so). She has had some days when she has wanted to be held more but her general behaviour is like I described. However I think seperation anxiety is starting as she isn't happy with other people unless she can see me.

Ella is good, quite happy to sit and play on her own.

Lil miss is lil miss clingy :lol:

I don't mind so much but sometimes, like today she isn't happy no matter where I put her and even when she is on me, shes climbing all over me and pulling my hair and pinching me. She will sit and play for a short while, but she is far too fascinated with the world for it to be too long.

Shes on and off the boob all the time... I sort of run out of options of things she might need or want so pop the boob out, she goes mad for it, has a couple of sucks then isn't interested :roll:

I just take her everywhere with me now.. But as she is more mobile I have to be careful what I do. I went for a shower today. Built a fortress out of pillows in the bathroom with toys and got in ...Well mummy in the shower looked like so much fun, she pulled herself up on the corner of the bath. She isn't so steady atm, so I ended up managing to wash my hair then had to leap out and rescue her from another bump on her head.

She's also very shy of strangers. Even if she is on me. She will hide her face and cuddle into me if she meets someone new. Its very sweet..

I try to enjoy it as soon they don't want to be near you anyway.. :roll:

Oliver isn't too bad, now that he can crawl he will entertain himself for 15-20 minutes going round the living room looking at things - his toys don't really bother him too much though, he prefers to play with household things like the phone, an empty bottle, pan and wodden spoon etc. But if I leave the room he'll follow me and once he gets fed up he'll start pulling himself up on my legs

The rest of the time I just put him on my back in a sling and get whatever I need done around the house doing so that when he is happy to play by himself I can just sit and relax rather than start thinking I should be doing housework.

connor is ridiculously clingy now. he's going through separation anxiety already and its driving me potty :wall:

i had to shower with him in one arm the other day - he used to sit on the floor next to the shower, but now he won't even sit at my feet! i have to hold him ALL the time. and if he decides that he doesn't want to be held, i have to be with him and playing with him. its 100% attention or he gets very very upset.

woe betide me if i leave the room - he crawls after me in hysterics and clings on to my leg. kinda cute but still... :roll: :lol: :lol:

i've started hip carrying him in the ring sling or back carrying him in the babyhawk around the house - its the only way i can get any work done.

Alex is very very very clingy. He has been for months and months. He's only clingy for me though, nobody else. If I go upstairs, he bum-shuffles to the bottom of the stairs and starts screaming after me. If I pass him to somebody else, he reaches his arms back towards me whilst screaming MAMAMAMAMAMAMAM. If he's on my knee, and then I put him down on the floor, he starts crying. He co-sleeps with me and won't have it any other way.
Very very clingy.

Lydia is the opposite. She is perfectly happy being with anybody and everybody. She'll happily spend the night at MIL's house. She sleeps in her own room. She's very independent. She has always been like this.

Ani was never clingy, until she started nursery a couple of weeks ago. Now when she is with me, she wants to be WITH ME, IS THAT CLEAR???? If I put her down I get a lot of yelling!!!! Like Squig said, I try to look at it as a positive thing...soon enough they want nothing to do with you!!! :lol:

Lisa

Snuggle said:
Want me to describe Maddison in one word?......Nightmare!!! She hangs off my legs, arms, shoulders, whatever she can get her hands on and wont let go all day long. I have to hoover with her on my hip and even take her in the shower with me :roll: Dont know when they grow out of it but hope its soon :wink:

Same. Think the 1 year clingy thing is worse than the 7-9 month one - sorry Kim!! It really has peaked at the moment and the annoying thing is that you spend so much time encouraging them to crawl, stand, walk and then as soon as they can they use it against you ;) Mine just uses walking to get to me to be picked up.

Evie goes through stages... on holiday she wouldn't go to anyone but me which became a bit of a nightmare because the idea of going on holiday with my parents and other family members was to give me a bit of a break :doh: :wall: :rotfl:

She happily play for a good half hour in the living room but I have to be on the floor with her. She can entertain herself for about 2 minutes then she's bored! I can't even step out of the room to put the kettle on anymore...she either cries or follows me!

Yesterday we were in the lounge and I was looking behind the couch for some sellotape and I turned back and she crawled off into the hallway and was just about to pull herself up on the stair gate....I need eyes in the back of my head :roll: :roll:

Dan is the complete opposite. He plays by himself all the time. When I leave him with anyone he doesn't bat an eyelid, not so much as a goodbye. As soon as we get to jo jingles, he's off and I don't see him until we leave.
I wish he would cling to me just a little bit! :|

Luke.. sorry... Lucifer :evil: rarely entertains himself at all. I must be REAL fun. :talkhand:

A clingy whingy miserable nightmare :wall: :wall: :wall: think is when I've picked him up he's got to be nipping, biting, pulling :roll: so not as if he wants cuddles

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back