What are you getting LO for Xmas?

Lola's Mummy

Reaction score
I stuck for idea's :wall:

Lola got loads for her birthday so i don't know what to buy her for Christmas now :wall:
People went a bit OTT with it being her first birthday and i really wish they would have though about xmas only being around the corner :shakehead:

She's just got all this and more for her birthday
prams x 3 :roll:
bike/trike
garden swing
dolls
cup stacker thingy
laptop
loads of books
DVDs
ITNG soft toys
pop up tent and tunnel

I've though about getting her a slide but I'm not sure if she's going to be too young :?

She really loves playing in the garden but it's only small and we have no grass so we're limited to what we can put in it as we already have the swing in there.

I'm really not sure. We're really poor so I'm going to try and keep it small and she has SOOOOO much already, its obsence and we're running out of space!

I've already got her a play till and a basket of plastic food from a charity shop. I'll probably keep a look out in the charitys/car boots for toys and books and clothes - and try and keep my spending to a minimum. My problem is that when I buy cute things, I just want to give them to her, so I cave in and do that so then need to buy more to wrap!

She really wants for nothing so I can't justify spending a lot and I should really take advantage of it while she is too little to understand whats going on and ask for presents!

I've got loads of ideas for when she's older - dolls teaset, wooden kitchen, scooter, colouring books - but she's a little bit small for these just now.

Valentine Xxx

Gah... not buying toys...theres no point... Lil miss has xmas and less than 30 days later its her birthday... we have agreed that we shall be buying things we need for her... Relatives never ever listen and they are all going to spoil her rotten with toys, which she won't use or play with unless they come in boxes... and then only the boxes will be played with :roll: So yer... poor lil miss, she only gets clothes from us...

Although gwandma has already said she is going to be buying lil miss a proper baby looking baby doll... (Tia's very nearly lost hers several times, and there has been much jealousy between the two over the beloved baby bjorn doll :roll: I thought I'd have avoided that what with there being EIGHT years between them :x )

anything that could fit in his room...er, nothing then!! hes got too many toy he doesnt play with half of them, more clothes andshoes than me, a whole load of books and drawing stuff and so many dvds he doesn't watch (he only wants the spongebob square pants one atm..lol) I think i'll ask for vouchers or money for his savings account this xmas because he needs nothing. at least with vouchers i can go and get him new clothes and shoes when he has one of his amazing growth spurts! I might get him one of those aquadraw things because he keeps trying to eat his crayons!

I'm getting Ryan a Annual pass for the farm a few mile's from us. well the pass will be for me as i dont have to pay for him till he's 2 but he's the one who will benefit from it. It also has an indoor playgroud there so even if its raining we can still go. and its only 30p for a bag of food so a cheap day out whenever we want!!

There is loads of stuff I want to get him but Im not :talkhand: as he can have it all spread over ther next few years lol so Im gonna get some stuff that he needs (well kinda needs) and a few bits as well so

MY FIRST READY BED - not that one in particular Im going to shop around, the Dora on is on offer in Argos at present nearly 1/2 price but its to pink OH wont let him hace it :roll: - This is for when he changes out of his cot at ours (in April or sooner if climbs out) he will take this to Grandmas and nannas and for holidays.
Clothes [always use clothes!]
Some kind of trike not this one in particular, something similar, I dont believe in paying double for the sake of a few stickers!
Tunnel just because he loves crawling through/under things, its cheap at a tenner and its easily put-away-able just as I like em ha ha
and OH wants to get him a swing or slide but im currently trying to talk him out of it, im ''tight'' apparently!

We've got most of Jess' christmas box sorted now, got quite a few from carboots and thank god for hotukdeals.
We've got her a cute rocking horse, activity play tent, bug shape sorters, Owl puppet (she loves owls), a farm play set with a barn that makes noises, books and a mat which they walk along and has different games on ie find number 1, they walk to number one it makes noises.It's a bit like the new ITNG one i saw on an advert.
Not going to get much more just small things from "santa" because family get her loads of things.

I've not even thought about xmas yet to be honest! But no doub t she'll get clothes, shoes, arts & craft things as she loves doing this, dora things - but then it's her birthdy 6 days lter aaarrrggghhh!!

God knows where we are gonna put new toys, living room is full of all her toys as well as hewr room being full as well!

just brought this off ebay , cos his bday is so close to xmas where getting stuff for 18months or so aswell , he'll prob get stuff for a year old at xmas and 18 plus at his bday , but we wanted this particular climbing frame , and most are red ( but gone pink !) so snapped up this green one !

f11b_2.JPG

a rocker ( hopefully police one like daddy if not normal)(2nd hand)
wooden toys ( got shape sorter , xylophone and bead toy already new but cheap)
sand pit type thing for next summer
leapfrog table thingy (2nd hand)
bead bee toy (wtp) (2nd hand)
cow rocker at for grandmas house (2nd hand)
building blocks and mega blocks ( ideally one of those wooden walkers but there even expensive 2nd hand !)

most stuff will be 2nd hand and tbh im loving my carboot shopping and been watching lots of toy bundles on ebay , havig much more fun then spending all that money on one toy !

edit to say some of above is from grandparents too , but we dont have many familly that will spoil him

jennywren said:
There is loads of stuff I want to get him but Im not :talkhand: as he can have it all spread over ther next few years lol so Im gonna get some stuff that he needs (well kinda needs) and a few bits as well so

MY FIRST READY BED - not that one in particular Im going to shop around, the Dora on is on offer in Argos at present nearly 1/2 price but its to pink OH wont let him hace it :roll: - This is for when he changes out of his cot at ours (in April or sooner if climbs out) he will take this to Grandmas and nannas and for holidays.
Clothes [always use clothes!]
Some kind of trike not this one in particular, something similar, I dont believe in paying double for the sake of a few stickers!
Tunnel just because he loves crawling through/under things, its cheap at a tenner and its easily put-away-able just as I like em ha ha
and OH wants to get him a swing or slide but im currently trying to talk him out of it, im ''tight'' apparently!

If you are after a play tunnel, check out your local Woolworths, I picked Phoebe one up in there on Monday for £2 in the sale!!

we've got harry a winnie the pooh and friends radio ( tenner from wilkos) a glow in the dark singing tigger ( tenner from asda) and a thomas and james set (tenner from wilko's)

going to get him some iggle piggle pj's from next and an in the night garden dvd and that will be all

I've bought Finlay an indoor swing from Argos (£20), some clothes from New Look and a pair of Timberland crib shoes

I also got a wooden toddle truck from ELC but I might keep that for his bday. And a Mater ride on thingy but I think I will keep that too. They were both £20

From family I'm asking for clothes (bigger ones) or money for his CTF

i got caden 'a stride to ride lion.' 24quid from toysrus instead of 37.

then got a shapesorter and light up mini keyboard,plastic alphabet blocks,stacking rings,stacking cars,vtech learning phone,chatterbox phone and thomas train all from woolies in sale.

got a few likkle bits in tesco sale too :oops:

kiaras got a digital camera,few cuddly toys,chouchou doll, furberrie bear,play makeup set,bedroom clock,dvds and books.

Hmm not completely sure yet as we're only gonna spend about £150 after spending nearly £300 alone on his birthday but here are some of my ideas:

Teletubbies DVD
Tweenies DVD
Teletubbies teddies/toys
Playhouse
Little Tikes Cozy Coupe
Dragon TT Blue Jeep or Matador Jeep
My first bowling set
Duvet set
Sand and water play table
Bath flute
Pop up tidy
Toy box
Dyson Vacuum
Dancing Iggle Piggle
Trainers
& Loads of clothes

when you say youve brought clothes , do you actually wrap them up ? just ive brought him loads of clothes , someup to 18monts / 24 months ( in sale lol) do i count these as xmas presents ? just seems weird cos i feel like ive constantly brought clothes for him since conception :rotfl:

Gem & Leland said:
when you say youve brought clothes , do you actually wrap them up ? just ive brought him loads of clothes , someup to 18monts / 24 months ( in sale lol) do i count these as xmas presents ? just seems weird cos i feel like ive constantly brought clothes for him since conception :rotfl:

Yeah we wrap them up but only if we planned to get them for him for Xmas/Birthday

I never wrap anything from "Santa" it takes way to long to open and the kids are generally getting bored by the time they get finished.

I like seeing there faces when loads of brightly coloured toys lying about.

Re getting them clothes, i usually get them new pyjamas and a xmas outfit but these are usually met by a bored look and tossed into a corner

my children shall be getting a smacked arse each and some bread and water to eat if they're lucky...

Maybe a kitchen, I really don't know lol

Outdoors toys, if we had our own garden I would get a sand/water table. I wouldn't bother with slide/swing/house etc as they are way too money for something he wouldn't have much interest in. He has the park for all of that. When I see a tiny slide for $100 which will hold his interest for less than 5 minutes, it's just too much.

monster_munch said:
my children shall be getting a smacked arse each and some bread and water to eat if they're lucky...
:think: affordable, certainly :think: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back