She keeps waking up in the day!

TiffanyJaynexo

Reaction score
My house is a bloody mess.
Grace has lots of attention and play time in the day, and when she gets tired I put her in her bouncer and rock her to sleep, unless she's fallen asleep in my arms mid-feed, then I put her in the bouncer. But if you make one noise or if the house phone rings, she wakes up and starts crying! I literally cannot go out the room without waking her up. For a while now I've tried to keep the day time noisy and I always tone it down at night, I also don't talk to her at all when it's bed time, but the past few days she's just been constantly awake in the day getting small naps. I haven't had time to eat much let alone do housework. I'm sneaking around the room like it's mission impossible! :roll:

Why is she doing this all of a sudden and is there anything I can do?
Right now she's in her bouncer, cranky and falling asleep every few seconds but then the next minute she has her eyes wide open. I even think she cries for a bottle just because it's something to do, even though you can clearly see she needs sleep. I just got a moby wrap today so I guess that will come in handy when doing housework, but when I want to go upstairs to get dressed, I think it will be a bit awkward! :lol: xxx

We had something similar. I got sent a frog that plays womb sounds and white noise that I put near his head and it's a constant noise which helps. Having said that I try to put him in his cot for naps in our room, he tends to sleep better there

Geez hun...you've just described my Avery!!

Avery is scared of missing anything. Will literally squeal, crocodile tears, sometimes real tears before she nods off. I'm surprised that my body hasn't totally shut down yet cos of the sleep deprivation I've had over the six months since she's been born! She totally fights sleep even though you can clearly see that she's exhausted herself and needs the sleep.

But I must say hun, IT DOES GET EASIER!!

The reason why your LO has started to wake more is maybe cos she's getting older and wanting to be involved in all that's going on. I remember literally being stuck to the sofa cos Avery wouldn't sleep by herself and dreading any noise. She's a light sleeper!

A sling should help as she'll be attached to you while you go about getting things done. And hunni you're house is not the first to be a bomb site when a little bubba arrives. There'll be more of those days to come :lol:

It was only in month two that I started to get bits and pieces of housework done as I introduced In The Night Garden to Avery and she absolutely adored Iggle Piggle right from the start. So I'd get about 20 mins at a time to get bits and pieces done whilst she sat in her bouncer and watched it.

But sleep was a nightmare! It still can be at times when she's overtired but nowhere like it was when she was a younger bubba.

It really does feel like you don't get a complete minute to yourself at first but it does get easier. Daniel will just have to sort the housework out for the time being hun and take Grace for you when you need to get sorted. But I think it'll probably be better now that you have the wee sling.

Have you had a chance to try it out yet? x

Geez hun...you've just described my Avery!!

Avery is scared of missing anything. Will literally squeal, crocodile tears, sometimes real tears before she nods off. I'm surprised that my body hasn't totally shut down yet cos of the sleep deprivation I've had over the six months since she's been born! She totally fights sleep even though you can clearly see that she's exhausted herself and needs the sleep.

But I must say hun, IT DOES GET EASIER!!

The reason why your LO has started to wake more is maybe cos she's getting older and wanting to be involved in all that's going on. I remember literally being stuck to the sofa cos Avery wouldn't sleep by herself and dreading any noise. She's a light sleeper!

A sling should help as she'll be attached to you while you go about getting things done. And hunni you're house is not the first to be a bomb site when a little bubba arrives. There'll be more of those days to come :lol:

It was only in month two that I started to get bits and pieces of housework done as I introduced In The Night Garden to Avery and she absolutely adored Iggle Piggle right from the start. So I'd get about 20 mins at a time to get bits and pieces done whilst she sat in her bouncer and watched it.

But sleep was a nightmare! It still can be at times when she's overtired but nowhere like it was when she was a younger bubba.

It really does feel like you don't get a complete minute to yourself at first but it does get easier. Daniel will just have to sort the housework out for the time being hun and take Grace for you when you need to get sorted. But I think it'll probably be better now that you have the wee sling.

Have you had a chance to try it out yet? x

Thank you hun :D
My mum had Grace for a few hours the other day whilst me and OH did some food shopping, and even she noticed Grace fights sleep and wants to be awake so she doesn't miss anything. When I was little, I was very spoilt when it came to sleep. My parents had to sit in my bedroom next to my cot, holding my hand until I fell asleep, then they'd have to sneak out the door and sometimes I'd stand up and look at them as if to say, "Where do you think you're going?" :lol:

She normally does sleep through anything, including hoovering, but the past week she's just been a very light sleeper. I figured it might have been because she's getting older and will sleep less. It's lovely to have her more alert like smiling and things but yes a definite pain in the butt when you want to get dressed or have a bite to eat. I literally put my cup down on the coffee table the other day and she woke right up!! :shock:

Dan has been doing a lot of housework lately :love: and we always have our 'night time house work' done whilst Grace just sleeps away in her bouncer. She naps better at night, which is weird, but I guess that's because we dim the lights and the t.v. gets turned down, and everywhere is generally peaceful. She also sleeps very well through the night, usually only waking once for a feed, she's awkward to settle sometimes but she does have long sleeps. She slept for 10 hours straight the other night.

Clearly she prefers to sleep in a peaceful environment, then again, don't we all!

We both tried the moby wrap today, OH tried it first after he read the instructions, he did it very well. I put it on after him but he tied it up for me so I'll have to have a read of the instructions so I can do it myself :) Looking forward to taking her out in it, I thought it would be ideal for just going to the shop or food shopping, I'd much rather take her in that than the big awkward pram. xxx

Also.. I just managed to get her to sleep for a whole hour! Without rocking her!
After reading your comment about white noise Princess, I played a YouTube video of it and it worked wonders.
She was a bit like, "What is this noise?" at first, but then she nodded off and I managed to peel myself off the sofa to do some things :D I'll have to try and get hold of a toy that plays white noise, I have seen a few. Or perhaps just buy a CD and play it.

Is it okay to play this in the day time though? I don't want her to become too peaceful that she thinks it's bed time. I have the lights on (dimmed) but I have the t.v. muted? She's gone back down now so I'm going to get myself a bite to eat hopefully :) xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back