How has your OH reacted?

positivity :)

Reaction score
since finding out i was pg my OH has been so sweet.

my worst job in the world is hoovering and the other day he said, i'll do the hoovering from now on and most of the cleaning :wash::iron: bless him! of course my reply was........yeah, i think its probably best you do :pizza:

i'm being naughty really as he works 6 days a week at the moment - but hey, i'm not gonna turn it down right??

and he keeps asking me what i've eaten every day too, checking that i'm getting enough nutrients, bless him!

i've had my car for about 8 years and he has never ever taken interest in driving it (even tho he has a licence) and has never contributed to it (he's a health freak so says we dont need one, apparently we should walk everywhere!) but now he has said that my car is not safe enough so for the next six months we are going to save together to buy a new one - and he keeps looking at the 4x4's!! :)

how have your OH's reacted?? xxxxxx

He's become like the food police and is checking everything I'm eating. It's a bit annoying but he's only doing it because he cares.

Nothing else apart from that. He's lovely any way. But some help round the house would be nice, especially cleaning the oven. And the loo - seeing as I've got my head down it most of the time. lol

He works away so hasn't been able to monitor me face to face :roll: but on the phone he just said, congratulations Princess ;-) you'd think it was only my baby and not his :eh:
He's cautious this time after the miscarriage last time x

My OH is amazing anyway - reason I married him... :) but he has been extra great since getting pregnant...

doing the cooking, and cleaning... and I just help out when I have the energy or feeling well enough which is not too often...

Even starting clearing all the stuff out of the 3rd bedroom which will become the beans room...

Hope thius continues for the next 6 months and beyond. :)

so all of them are concerned about our eating habits - funny!! my OH is a bit cautious too princess as i had a mmc a few years back, but in a way i think that's why he is checking up on me so much and taking over the hoovering etc!

it must be quiet hard for them in a way as they dont have any control. Ozgirl, the loo and the oven would be great but i still seem to be on bathroom duty! xx

yep chookette..beyond would be great but i think i will pay my OH back for all his hardwork once the baby arrives and i am off work for a year, i might even iron his shirts for him - although i think he would probably prefer to do it himself, im not really housewife material lol. xxx

Am getting my Mum over from Oz after about 6 weeks to come and help me out. She can do the cooking and cleaning for me then. :) hehehehe

Good idea. My mum has already declared that she's coming over a week before due date and staying for about a year afterwards :lol: o/h is not gonna take that well :shock: x

haha! mums are great! i live round the corner from my mum and she is a bit ocd and a hypocondriact (sp?) - driving me mad already with what i should/shouldn't be doing :roll:

i think she's going a bit nuts, she said to me last night that she is going to speak to her doctor about how much static she has each time she takes off her jumper! :shock:

:rofl: oh dear pos, I don't think that has any medical implications does it? Doc will probably tell her to wear different materials.

My mum is going to be great I can tell, and after all the horrendousness we've been through in the past few months I'd like her to be involved with something that is so happy x

well you and your mum def deserve it sweetie!!! mums/nans are the best aren't they! my nan was my fave person in my world when i was little, i'm sure you LO will bring her so much pleasure xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

My mum was really good when my sister had her little boy. Even though she has had 5 she said things have changes so much since then that she got my sister to tell her how she wants thing to be done... No trying to say your doing it wrong or anything...

am going to get her to come over aout 6 weeks after baby comes so I can be in some form of routine and jut get her to take it all over.. OK maybe not but help with it all. :) she can then be here for my other sisters babies birth which will be about 7 weeks after me. :)

My OH lets me eat what I like, cuddles me when Im upset and is lovely with most things but is SHIT at housework and it infuriates me. Just got in from work and its his day off and hes done NOTHING. Left a pile of pots and not dusted, hoovered etc. NADA. Hes gone to pick the kids up from school now so I just thought do it my bloody self. He can cook tea though!

He has been extremely sweet and soo caring! very protective of me and baby. He goes out everyday to get me things I want/need, he cooks my meals, brings me things, is very uinderstanding and has taken charge over the animals lol (we have quite a few).

My DH has been quite laid back about the whoke thing but he does ask me what In doing everytime I leave the room and will insist on doing whatever it is himself. Its difficult tho as we have to look after his mum as well who has dementia but who lives in her own house, so we basically have two houses to look after.
As for food... he actually hasnt mentioned anything along those lines.
I think to be honest hes a bit uninformed about pregnancy in general so I have bought him a Pregnancy book for men to get him a bit more clued up :lol:

my other half is laid back about it, were carrying on with normal routines etc,he does keep telling me to take it easy, but im very independant and if he gets to clingy and protective it will drive me mad and he knows it x im sure this will change as i get bigger and cant do the cleaning etc.

My hubby has really surprised me by how excited he is, I really didn't realize how much he wanted a baby, think he was just keeping me happy and putting no pressure on me to have kids as I wasn't really sure I wanted another child! I've said he could tell his work this week as he will be offshore when I'm due so think he needs to sort things early to make sure he's at home, he was well pleased to tell his work mates! He is like a small child waiting for Christmas though, always touching my tummy and making sure I'm ok, think 9 months of waiting will drive him mad!

A friend at work found out shes pregnant, thanks to this wonderful forum & people's symptoms I offered my words of wisdom & told her to POAS as she had every symptom going & yep, strongest positive in the afternoon I've seen :)

Her OH has always been too busy with work or playing his PC games, didn't help around the house, did nothing but since finding out she's told me he's changed completely & for the better

He's more attentive & caring, can't do enough for her, when he leaves the house he kisses her & her tummy goodbye, calls & texts all the time, doing the housework & cooking

I thought I'd share as think it's wonderful

xxx

ah kezza that's lovely, i think OH's feel a bit useless really so do what they can to help in other ways. :)

how are you missy??

My OH has become so protective and caring.
He was always protective and caring but since we found out I'm pregnant, I've been treated like a Queen!
He's always feeding me and making sure I eat right.

Except today he pissed me off a tad because he was arguing with his mum and what not and I didn't eat all day because of it. I've had my meal now but he was just lying in bed like, "You can go and get yourself something to eat, you don't need me to get it for you". Just being a twat!

He is lovely though, always holding my belly when we're asleep xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back