How fertile after birth?

Rachel1509

Reaction score
Noah is 12 weeks old this week. I was breastfeeding him at first but stopped about 5 weeks ago. I haven't yet had my first period since childbirth but had a bit of an accident during intercourse last week! I remember my midwife telling me to be very careful and to protect myself because women are very fertile after having a baby. I've got the pill on prescription but didn't begin taking it because I was told to wait for my period to come, but I haven't had it yet.

What are the chances of pregnancy? And because I haven't had my periods begin again yet, when would I need to test myself?

id say yes do a test in a couple of weeks, you are def at your most fertile the weeks after you give birth.... xxx

Should do very soon I'd think.

You brave thing! Lok

I agree super fertile after birth, definitely get yourself a test x

TORino, not brave - very silly! And scared :(

I wanna test as soon as I'm able to. How long should I wait after it happened?

The hospital said super fertile after birth after I'd had my son. When I was in last week a woman there was having her 3rd baby... 2nd she'd conceived 5 weeks after the first and the 3rd she'd conceived 8 weeks after the 2nd birth :shock: She must be mental lol

If you say sperm can live 4-5 days and then you ovulated at the end of that then I'd say if you've gone 18-19 days since dtd and get a negative test you are probably in the clear.

If you had sex around ovulation then 2 weeks would show up on a test if it was positive.

Maria, that's crazy! Now I'm bricking it LOL

Guess I'll just have to wait it out and test in a week or so :(

Good luck for the answer you want - bit of a worry for you, I agree your super fertile after birth, it all primed and ready in there still. I have a 13mth gap between two of my kids , its lovely tho

I adore Noah more then anything, he's the love of my life! But the thought of having a second so soon and so young scares me to death! Don't want my next for at LEAST 5yrs! But I guess it's my own silly fault, so I will just have to wait and see what happens.

I'm the same hun. We had an accident a few weeks ago and no period yet. Emily is 11 weeks now. I had a brief show a few days ago but nothing since.

It took us 5 years to get Emily and she was helped into the world through science. So If i am pregnant it would the a welcomed Miricle ;)

I'm suprised the hosp didn't tell you to use protection straight away, normally they tell you your at your most fertile after birth & give you condoms!!

xxxx

I'm the same hun. We had an accident a few weeks ago and no period yet. Emily is 11 weeks now. I had a brief show a few days ago but nothing since.

It took us 5 years to get Emily and she was helped into the world through science. So If i am pregnant it would the a welcomed Miricle ;)

Same here at least 8 years and nothing we had two rounds of ivf/icsi the second giving is the twins and here iam pregnant naturally !! Not a clue how because we was told highly unlikely to conceive naturally! Miracles do happen!

Panic over! Went to the toilet earlier to find a bit of blood which is gradually increasing. So no baby, and yay to my body getting back to normal! (nay for having to deal with periods again though) :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back