How far ahead do you have to book appointments?

Julie84

Reaction score
I have to book all my own appiontments but have a list of dates that I need to be seen. (And my memory is so bad I only worked out today where I had 'safely stored' my list! :wall: )

So, my next appointment should be at 20-22 weeks after my scan apparently. My scan is next Wednesday at 21+3 so I thought I'd ring up today before I forgot to make an appointment for later next week. But apparently they no bookable appointments from now until the Thursday after (I'll be 22+4 so still in the time frame). But I'm never going to manage any appointments if I have to book at least two weeks in advance - I don't know what day it is let alone anything else! :doh: I have that week off work and was lpanning to have a fairly active week - day trips with my siblings and mum each day but have taken it (even though it's rubbish and in the middle of the day. God, I do moan! :oops: )

I might just book my 28 week appointment when I go for this appointment save all this kerfuffle! :shakehead:

lol.. i know.. it goes from nothing at the start to aboslutely loads! Ive booked loads of mine in advance (including all the parenting classes and hospital tour). I store it all on my calender and phone so no forgetting. and yes.. im an organised freak!

Claire x

I can book my MW appointments always only about 2 weeks in advance, but I booked the 20 week scan (next wednesday, yay!) when I went for the 12 week scan.

The only thing I find quite annoying is that due to the opening times of the clinic it's very difficult to time with work. I know that I'm legally entitled to the time off and my work doesn't give me any hassle, but I'd still prefer it if I could do it much earlier in the mornings or later in the afternoons, as I'm always losing so much time.

I posted on this too, I can't get one for four weeks! I have to go to a doctor at my surgery instead and even then I had to book three weeks in advance!

Julie84 said:
I might just book my 28 week appointment when I go for this appointment save all this kerfuffle! :shakehead:

Well thats what I do hun! Well my midwife does it for me when I go! I always have a next appointment set before I leave!
Though last time she forgot to write it down on my notes lol so I will have to ring the docs surgery to check when it is lol

My appointments are booked with the midwife when I'm with her on the current appointment.

My first appointment was just to start things off, they booked my booking in/scan (both are done at the same time in my trust) and my 16 week appointment then at my 16 week she booked my 24 week then yesterday at my 24 week, she booked my 31 week.

I have a GTT and and anti D injection which was booked for me, an appointment with an anaethatist which was booked for me. Haven't had to do squat so far. The only think I need to sort myself is antenatal classes.

Why not try booking for the next appointment at each appointment?

when i went to see my community mw at 20 weeks, she said 'we'll see you in 6 weeks!' at the end of the appointment, but my doctors surgery doesn't book that far in advance so i had to scribble in my diary to book one. they'd only book me in on monday, for an appointment tomorrow!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back