letter from the hospital

katietateypot

Reaction score
i have just recieved a letter from my hospital saying i have to go in on the 29th December to see my consultant and bloods need to be done a week prior to this.

i have already seen him to speak about the general stuff and they said i wouldnt see him now until my 20 week scan which is 5th jan! Im a little worried now as to why i have to go in to see him so close to my next appointment.

I had regular appointments when i was pregnant with my daughter but nothing like this, they were more at the later stages past 26 weeks or so.

The letter has nothing to say what the appointment is for, i am high risk but like i say i was with my daughter and i had no surprise appointments with her especially this early on.

Maybe he's off on holiday or something so they bought it forward? Give them a ring and ask hun, it's not uncommon for them to send appointments to the wrong people xxxxxxxx

right so after a massive panic mode crisis i phoned up and they said he needs to chat to me about something that has shown up and still wants to see me the week after aswell.
the lady on the phone was really nice and bless did put my mind at ease but now im worrying why i have to go to him for this :wall2:
apparently he only asked fo this yesterday :roll:

Oh my goodness i dont think i worried this much first time around, im hoping its over my water infection or something minor like that.

it poo knowing they want to see you but wont tell you why isnt it

check the date on letter sometimes post is delayed. ALso ring maybe, like others say many doctors etc are going down like flies will illness my fav doctor is ill atm :(

Hunny I am sure if it was something major he would have had you in a lot quicker than that so try not to worry too much :hug:

I am a happily oblivious first time mum but I am sure if I am lucky enough to have a second I will be a wreck lol xxxxxxxxx

my sister said he may want to double check what his reg has said to me about my medication (i am on long term anti-biotics and aspirin)
if its something as simple as that then i dont know why i am worrying so will pretend its just that until i see him :)

my sister said he may want to double check what his reg has said to me about my medication (i am on long term anti-biotics and aspirin)
if its something as simple as that then i dont know why i am worrying so will pretend its just that until i see him :)

I got put on asprin? DId they tell you why? My consultant wasn't very informative :( x

aspirin thins blood but only mildly so it could be as simple as they want to prevent risk of clots so put you on aspirin

Yeah, I had protein in wee so thought it might have had something to do with that, just puzzled and bit worried I had section with first so maybe its that lol x I'm doomed I'm on so many pills its unbelieveable x

Hmmm I wonder if he wants to check whether you are getting immune to the antibiotics, which can obviously happen long-term. Maybe he'll change the type or brand if you are

i used to be on penicillin and only changed to erythromycin just as i got pregnant with Ava-Mai (end of 2009) so dont think i could be immune that quick?
i know with my aspirin i dont come off that until i am 36 weeks.
haha mystery!!!

i bet now after all this guessing he wont even know why he called me in!

does anyone ever get that?

"erm why are you here today?"
"you sent me an appointment!"
"hmmm i wonder why"

:lol:

Lol I had that for emergency surgery at 15 weeks! Wasn't a happy bunny I can assure you as don't need surgery until after Albert is here :shock: And the tosser who called me in didn't even turn up at the hospital that day to top it all off lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back