how do you soften re-usable nappies?

lisa&alex

Reaction score
hey there.. ive bought some all in ones.. from ebay.. the ad said not used just washed several times..ok..well they are quite rough to the touch and wouldnt want to put them next to a new borns skin... so i know i cant used fabric softner. but how to i get them to soften..the others i have havent been washed at all.. but again from ebay all in ones i washed them and they have gone a little bobbly but they are like flanellette.. really soft still..so im happy to put them on a newborn im wondering if the others that i have have a build up of deturgent on them? or if i could use fabric softner on them once then wash them a few times.. would that help to soften them or jsut get them back to the same state they are in now? help :)

Best thing to do is wash them without poeder as i could well be a build up and also add some white vinager to a final rinse( i haven't tried this but have heard other girls say they do)

My tots bts sometimes go scratchy so i just re wash without powder and it usually does the job also the dry should fluff them a bit

A wash without powder and a spin on low heat in the dryer softens mine up fine :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back