How do you stop thinking about it?

Vikky78

Reaction score
Hi Ladies,

Well we're on the second cycle of ttc and my OPK has been positive the last three days. We BD'd last night (i actually told a little white lie to hubby and told him we'd missed the window to get pregnant, mainly to take the "pressure" off) and i keep trying to not obsess over it, as last month i had a chemical pregnancy and was a little disappointed when AF showed up late (which has never happened to me previously) I was hoping so much that we would be pregnant then that I told myself this month i'm going to try not to take much notice of the time between and try and keep control until either AF turns up or it's been 2 weeks since i was due for AF, in other words i'm trying not to get caught up in it too much that it's all i can concentrate on.

But i'm finding it incredibly difficult. Does anyone else have any suggestions how to not get too obsessed with waiting? Problem is i work from home. I will be travelling this week sometime for work which will help me take my mind off it, but i'm finding it hard to concentrate on work while i'm at home and find i'm easily distracted to come onto here and other baby/parenting forums.

Any suggestions would be much appareciated! :)
I'm just wondering if i should ban myself from the forums for a few weeks and hope for the best! :)

I'm the same hun, working from home (bar 10 hours on site) and on second month of trying. I was late first month too and gutted then AF turned up.

I'm not staying off the forums (clearly) but I am trying to limit myself to an hour a day! When ever I get over-broody I tap into my blog to get it out of my system or read over my older posts to remind myself that it's really early days and most people don't get a BFP until 6 months in.

Good luck!!

i normally get myself stuck into housework, visiting ppl and playing online games on the net.... keeps me occupied (so far)

Its really hard isnt it, i try to put it out of my head but it always finds a way to get back again

Yeah, it seems every time i try and do something else to take my mind off it it ends up being something that reminds me of it.

Just finished watching Father of the Bride 2! It just makes me feel all gooey inside then I start thinking how lovely it'll be! Then i start wondering what's going on inside my own body and if the little swimmers have encountered their little bit of heaven and started creating a little bubba! But I know in the back of my mind, the more i think about it the more likely i am going to end up with my body tricking me with all the signs but not coming up with the goods if you know what I mean?

It's funny, my mum says just relax and take it easy! Don't think about it, and for most of my cycle i haven't! Until it comes to the critical time! Seems to be all I can think about! :)

Hmmm, i really need to get motivated to throw myself into work as well! :)

Thing is, i'm going bra shopping tomorrow, but it's one of those things, i'd love to go and get a load of pretty bras, but i'm not sure whether it's worth me spending the money on getting a couple of ones that i like just in case it happens! :) Again, i start wondering what's going on inside! :)
Think I might just get a couple to get me through for the moment as i've only got two in my size. I'd been wearing a 42C, went into Bravissimo in Manchester and she put me into a 38E! I almost fainted! I honestly didn't think my bbs were that big! :) Hate to see how big they're going to get when i get pregnant! Jordan eat your heart out hey? And they're all mine! :rotfl:

It's really hard isn't it? i've also decided not to think about it as much. it's worked so far but then again AF has only just gone away so theres a good few weeks to get all obsessed again :roll: . I'm not going to come on here as much (no offence LOL) bacause I end up just thinking about it constanly. I even go to the ticker maker websites and start making up tickers to see how PG I would be if I fell last month. OMG I've just realised how sad that sounds :oops: . I then will go and find OV calculators or due date calculators and work everything out. So this month I'm not going to do any of that nor am I going to use OPK's. I've set my ticker for 33 days which has been my longest cycle length since January and I'm not going to test till I'm a week later than that. Hopefully not thinking about it to much and making love not BDing will do the trick.

At least thats the plan anyway LOL.

skairdykat said:
I even go to the ticker maker websites and start making up tickers to see how PG I would be if I fell last month. OMG I've just realised how sad that sounds

lol i do the same thing. I keep looking to see when the bby would be due if i fell pregnant.... every month lol

its not sad it show how much you want a baby :hug:

Skairdy it's definitely not just you.

I play around with the Ovulation prediction bits and see if i concieved on such and such a date when would the baby be due, then go, oh no, that's not good, how about a week later, that'll clash with my mum's wedding! :D
I'm trying to get out of the habit of doing that as well! Which I am at the moment, I'm just using the OPK and CM indication to figure it out. But i've told hubby a bit of a white lie and told him yesterday that we'd missed the window for concieving, mainly to take the pressure off! :)

Doesn't stop me thinking about it though! :)

How sad is this, just been watching Spring Watch and all the little baby birds being born! :) Awwww :clap:

my mind is always on it, normally becasue i spent so much time on fourms

:rotfl:

I can't - and I'd love to have a month not thinking about it at all and letting nature take its course - but as we're TTC by donor we can't. I just want to have a break from always worrying that I'll ovulate on an inconvenient day when my donor is half way across the country - or the hassle of trying to get a hotel room at short notice and then the drive.

And if one more person says to me - when you stop trying...I'll slap them. No - when we stop trying there is zero chance of me getting pregnant - understand???? :x :x

Okay rant over :D
Feel a lot better now :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DreamRapeVic
Back