How do I make myself wait?

leesey

Reaction score
I've been really laid back this month, not really symptom spotting or obsessing or anything, last month it all got too much and then the mc just broke my heart after getting 2 bfps.

I know that at 8dpo, I won't get any kind of result, last month I didn't get anything til 12dpo, but I'm finding it hard to stay relaxed. I know everyone does, but I just want to wait til Tuesday so much as it will be my birthday.

I'm on holiday this week (teacher) and finding it hard to fill my time as I'm totally skint this month to top it all off!

Wish I knew the answer. I keep caving in and getting disappointed.

Sorry to hear about your MC. Keeping my FX for you.

p.s. I'm a teacher too and on half term this week. Struggling to keep busy as well! x

Sorry I can't help either! Although I did wait til 10-11dpo before testing this month! Good luck Hun xxx

I'm not any help I'm afraid. :(

8 dpo tomorrow and going to start POAS.

Naughty but I just want my bfp so badly. :(

I'm not any help I'm afraid. :(

8 dpo tomorrow and going to start POAS.

Naughty but I just want my bfp so badly. :(

Did you ov after me cupcake? I thought you were before me? Blimey if you start testing I'm in trouble!

I was supposed to Ov on the 10th but don't think I did until the 12th.

I know I really should wait until Saturday but I love peeing in that little pot!!! Lol.

fx for you hun. im a teacher but dont get half term off :( still teaching up until xmas hols. culd do with a week off tho xx

Hun,

I am 9DPO and although I can test anytime from 26th onwards (I'll be offically 'late' then) I want to wait as long as possible before testing.

I had a M/C back in May and a chemical pregnancy last month. Both times I tested a few days after period was late and got immediate BFP's.

This time round (If AF doesn't arrive of course) I am going to make myself wait. Hell I have lost almost 2 stone this year and given up smoking, surely I have the willpower to wait an extra 10 days??

[I have a test at home though so we'll see how my good intentions pan out :lol:]

The way I see it is that if this is my sticky bean it will still be there no matter when I test?

After having 2 BFP's and losing both I confess I am a tad scared of POAS :shock:

xxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
Well I caved. Cupcake is a bad influence ;)
Like you Carnat I've had a mc and a cp but I decided last night that I couldn't be any more disappointed than I was after these so I just went for it!
Bfn of course but only 9dpo.

Well I caved. Cupcake is a bad influence ;)
Like you Carnat I've had a mc and a cp but I decided last night that I couldn't be any more disappointed than I was after these so I just went for it!
Bfn of course but only 9dpo.

Oh hun, sorry to hear about your losses - it's so shitty!

But it's not over yet though? You could still have your BFP this month!

OH said he is going to hide my pregnancy test from me as he is convinced I'll be peeing on it come Tuesday :)

He is probably right though, I am convincing myself to wait but if it's a sticky bean then it doesn't matter how early I test? Right?

(I used the same argument for it not mattering how late I test LOL)

It's so hard, I am not sure I can do this to myself every month!

xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:
This month feels easier because last month I got my bfp and I knew I wasn't imagining the symptoms I had. I think next month or the month after will be hard if I don't get a + because although I've not has as many symptoms this month there are still a few promising signs.

This month feels easier because last month I got my bfp and I knew I wasn't imagining the symptoms I had. I think next month or the month after will be hard if I don't get a + because although I've not has as many symptoms this month there are still a few promising signs.

I have to confess to pinning a lot of hope on this month.

I seem to be able to get pregnant pretty easily (and this month we've been TTC as opposed to NTNP) but if I am going to get my period I just want it to hurry up!

It's hard to know if am having any symptoms as between coming of the pill in mid Fed, getting pregnant, having a prolonged M/C and then a long bleed after and then the CP I have only had a few 'normal' cycles.

I don't know my body all that well at the moment.

I do feel strange and have a few symptoms BUT they could also be period symptoms, I just don't know!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back