How do you? New potato question?

Babylicious

Reaction score
sean likes new potatoes in butter and herbs, do I just cook as normal then add butter and herbs? I'm confusssssed lol

yeah you can boil then just give them a quick toss in a frying pan with the butter etc.

Or you can roast them mmmmmmm

I don't like them but I cook them for OH.
I whack them in the oven with some frylight and herbs, no need to boil and appartently they are like mini jacket potatoes!

If you don't use frylight you could just toss them in butter/oil before and after cooking :D

I boil them first, then toss them in olive oil, garlic and spices. Then I put them onto an oven tray and crush them til they burst open with a potatoe masher (don't smash them to pieces). Chuck them into a hot oven til they are crispy and thats it! Delicious!

Moomum said:
I boil them first, then toss them in olive oil, garlic and spices. Then I put them onto an oven tray and crush them til they burst open with a potatoe masher (don't smash them to pieces). Chuck them into a hot oven til they are crispy and thats it! Delicious!

that sounds lush!gonna have to try it i usually just boil them and toss em in garlic and butter.

helsekia said:
Moomum said:

that sounds lush!gonna have to try it i usually just boil them and toss em in garlic and butter.

Thats what we do too, but I agree Moomums idea sounds great.

Moomum what spice do you use?

Babylicious, what I do is drain the potatos put them back in the saucepan, put cold butter on and the herbs, put a lid on the saucepan and shake. The heat from the potatos melts the butter and shaking gets the herbs mixed around. It also breaks up some of the potatos so they are nice and fluffy.

x

ASD123456 said:
helsekia said:
Moomum said:

Thats what we do too, but I agree Moomums idea sounds great.

Moomum what spice do you use?

Babylicious, what I do is drain the potatos put them back in the saucepan, put cold butter on and the herbs, put a lid on the saucepan and shake. The heat from the potatos melts the butter and shaking gets the herbs mixed around. It also breaks up some of the potatos so they are nice and fluffy.

x

Generally, I just use whatever I have in the cupboard at the time. It's such a versatile idea :D The last time I did it, I used Paprika, but I've also used chiili and coriander or plack pepper and sea salt etc

Hope you enjoy them :D

I saute mine...

You cut them in half then half again, boil them till they are tender, about 10-15 mins, let them cool, skin them and fry them in olive oil till they are brown and for the last minute or 2 throw in some chopped spring onions and garlic.

:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back