How do I tell my mum??

Anonymous

Reaction score
I'm 21 an found out I was pregnant last week and I'm guessing I'm around 6-8 weeks but I'm terrified of telling my mum! I know she really wont be happy because I don't live with my boyfriend and we don't have very high incomes. Can anyone give me some help on how to start the conversation because I keep putting it off!

Afraid I can't be much help here hun as I epically failed when telling my Mum and she didn't speak to me through the entirety of my pregnancy... Whoops!! But I just wanted to wish you the best of luck with telling your Mum AND your pregnancy :)

Katie xx

Tbh I think it might be easy just to come out with it, of u try and make small talk and hint about it like I would you guys might end up off on tangents and you might chicken out! Is maybe suggest just the two of you there, well if oh is there it will show he is prepared to be there? Is say have stuff ready to say when she asks how are you going to cope? Where are you going to live? Etc.
Good luck! I'm sure she will be fine after initial shock! Lol

I live with my OH, but our finances are not good and I was really worried about telling my Mum, as I knew she'd worry about how we were going to afford to bring up a baby. She knew I'd been sick for a few days, and did actually ask if I might be pregnant. I didn't know I was at that time, so said I probably wasn't. Then a few days later found I was, so OH told my Dad, so I then was forced to tell my Mum! I just went straight into the house and said I'd done a pregnancy kit and it was positive. She was very "off" with me for a few days, then came round and has been fantastic since :) At the end of the day, they are our lovely Mum's and although it might come as a shock to her she will accept it once it's sunk in. Wishing you all the best with the news xx

When i found out i was pregnant with my first son, i didnt know how to tell my dad (mum died when i was 12) i just walked in from work and blurted it out so i couldnt chicken out. He was great but a bit shocked. Just tell her, you will worry yourself sick trying to find a way and you will have to tell her eventually. Good luck, everything will turn out good. xxx:hugs:

I dont even live in same country as mine so had to do it over the phone was even tempted to do it in email but i decided i couldnt be a 15 year old anymore :p ...
Its really nerve racking but once its out its great. Even if shes off with you for a while just let her be she will eventually come round and knowing uv told her u will feel better anyways ! I agree with above though .. have answers ready for the questions she will probably ask :) & GOOD LUCK !! xxx

i told my mum on monday. im 20 and dont know who the father is, so she was a bit upset.
she has started to come round though,.

i think its best to just tell her, dont beat around the bush. as i said, my mum was upset at first but once she realised i was actually happy and had made my choice, she is going back to normal!

good luck
xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ARCHIATER
Back