how did your labour start

i started gettin contractions. i never had a waters breaking moment :? very odd :think:

With Nathaniel I was losing bits of my plug up to 2 weeks before then my hind waters started trickling. An hour later my contractions started and 3 hours after that, I had him!

With Joseph, started getting pains at 8.30am on the Tuesday, went hospital at midnight, sent me home, went back 3-4 hours later, had my waters broke, got put on the drip and had him at 3.45pm on the wednesday!

Dillon, got pains about 2am went hospital at about 3.30am, they broke my waters at I'd say about 6am and he was born at 9.10am

Lucy, pains at about 9pm, went hospital at 12.30am sent home (yes with my 3rd child?? ) went back about 3am, they broke my waters again about 6ish and she was born 8.10am

Lola-Mae, waters broke at 7.30pm! (Yay :dance: finally had one where my waters broke on their own haha) contractions started at 2.30am, went hospital at about 10am and she was born at 12.45pm!

Ohh forgot, lost my plug first with Lola, 5 minutes before waters broke lol!

First= straight after a gel pessary induction into full blown labour, I had no BH/nothing not even a twinge before that induction

Second= my body tricked me for weeks with painful BH I was so so uncomfy and blumming desperate at the end I cant tell you! After tablet pessary went into a slower labour waters broke 6 hours after took twice as long at 8 hours to get her out :roll:

ETA waters never broke with first until I was pushing, Lost my plug at 36 weeks ish with 2nd never with first (my girl was such a tease :roll: )

Mine started the day I had my cat put to sleep, I cried more tears than I though possible and my waters broke that night. Im convinced that this is what started it off.

Thanks alot everyi hope tbh im one of those who has their waters go naturally,

I had four days of irregular (but continuous) contractions that began on my EDD. I had the bloody knicker snot during those four days too. :puke: After four days and nights of no sleep I demanded to be looked at...and lo and behold, I was 4cm! I delivered my daughter 13 hours later after having a sincitonin drip and membranes reptured.

I was induced at 38 weeks. Had 2 loads of pessary, waters broken and drip. The drip did most of the work (eventually!)

Although with my next baby I'd like to go into labour naturally, I can't say I'm envious that I never got to experience the last few weeks of pregnancy :lol:

Mel&Bean said:
yes although my feet are still mucky :think: I had to wear flip flops yesterday as i couldnt wear any shoes and the muck must have gotten deep :rotfl: Other wise im squeaking clean :cheer:

ha ha i was paranoid about my feet after mooching about barefoot for months, didnt give a shit in labour!

my labour started with a pop, waters breaking, contraction 25 mins later and a baby a couple of hours after that..

With my 4th i had a bit of belly ache and went to hospital,they checked me said i wasn't in labour ,not dialating so they put me on a monitor,nurse went out of room i had a god awful pain,hubby went looking for a nurse,she came back to check and i was 10cm gave birth standing up over the bed 20 mins later.
I knew i was in labour as all the rest of my babies were quick,4 hours,1 hour and 2 hours from first pain to birth,but did the hospital listen,no they didn't :D
Also with the 4th all the midwives were dealing with another lady and i nearly gave birth on my own(hubby was there but of no use).Midwife came in as i was pushing and managed to catch izzy just in time :D

I started with latent labour about 2 hours after having a show. Latent labour lasted two days and I was officially in labour after the MW's broke my waters for me and I eventually managed to reach 3cm's dilated!

My waters broke - on my due date at 3am!

I was lying in bed so excited naively thinking the contractions would then kick in any moment.....nope......48 hours later I had to be induced with a pesserie...she wasn't in a hurry to come out!

My waters broke around midnight, and strong contractions started around 2am. Went to hospital at 4am and was 2-3cm dilated, 2 hours later I had my baby!

The night before i was in labour i went for a long walk. Then 8am next day i was having full blown contractions.

I was losing tiny bits of plug every other day from around 37 weeks and having regular BH, then I went to the hospital on the saturday night (2 days overdue) as Amber wasn't moving much and was told she was fine and I was in slow labour! I thought I'd just been having really strong BH's! Then my waters broke the following friday (8 days overdue) at 1 am and then REAL labour began and I didn't know what had hit me!!

They started on their own on Boxing day about 9am (I was 8 days overdue). Just woke up with mild contractions, different to the BHs I had been having all week. Didn't go to the hospital until midnight! Lost my plug in the pool about 11am the next day (27th Dec), waters broke on their own when I was having an epidural (was about 8cm) and this was about 4pm, Finlay was born at 6.30pm - a lovely 30+ hour labour!

:wave:
Mine started with mild contractions at about 3:30am :wall: Went to hospital at 1:30pm, 3cm :wall: Then followed a mixture of G&A, birthing pool, attempted Epi (didn't work) ending in a crash c-section at 7:12pm due to cord presentation! :doh: Babe born within 3 minutes of presentation :clap:

Waters broke early hours of Friday morning (39+3), nothing happened so I was induced Saturday (though didn't get the drip until 2am Sunday morning) and had her on Sunday at 1.17pm.

the massage chair at the hairdressers started my contractions (the not really strong painful ones... um, latent labour?) at about 3 pm... they got worse and was in full labour about 15 hours later... and she was born about 15 hours after that.
waters were broken at some point towards the end by the midwife.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kayx94
Back