When did you start maternity leave?

Thanks girls for all your replies :D I just havent a clue as to when to start it as i have no idea how i will feel so far along in the pregnancy. Plus i am having probs at the moment with my SPD.

At the moment i am thinking of leaving maybe at 37/38 weeks if i can manage up till then. Hopefully using some of my holiday up as part of those two/three weeks so i can get full benefit of maternity leave.

Spoke to work today and basically was told to do whatever i wanted to do. So gonna hand in a letter requesting i use holiday before maternity.

Thanks agian for your replies

I left at 29 weeks because I was on my feet all the time and I also had my wedding to plan

I have put in my request to leave at 37 weeks, i just hope i can last that long.

Thanks again for all your replies xx

i went on my mat leave 6 weeks before my due date but seen as willow was 2 weeks late i actually had 8 weeks i was ment to go back in july but i got made redundant because the store cloesed down so now i dont work and dont really want to ga back to work eaither.

I leave in 2 weeks!! Wooohooooo :cheer: I have 5 weeks hols to take and then Il be starting mat leave as soon as I can. I have an easy office job but I hate it, Im stuck next to a pervy boss who thinks its even more delight that Im pregnant :puke: I have to pay alot of money on travel expenses, with travel I do a 11 hour day and so hence me wanting to get the hell ot of there!! I havent been to work much in the past 2 months anyway but to be 'officially off' will be heaven! I cant bloomin wait!

x

i was originally going to start mine at 35 weeks which would have been feb 10th .. But i got signed off for 4 weeks on the 21st dec due to be knackered..Work as a carer out in the community so a lot of bending and stuff... So i have spoke to work and decided that i will now start my maternity leave when my sick note runs out which will be the 20th jan so only 3 weeks before i said originally...
So i dont have to worry now !!

I finished at 29 weeks but tacked on 3 weeks of holiday to the end so officially was 32 weeks. I had quite a physical job working with people with learning disabilties who sometimes became quite challenging which was quite a strain at times, and there was a lot of driving. Also we had to find a flat and move in and get sorted etc. I'm glad I did because it was lovely having those last couple of months to myself :D

I officially started mine on 31st December 2007 but took 2 weeks annual leave first so actually worked my last day in work on 14th December 2007 when I was 35 weeks.

i officially start mine on 28th jan... but am taking some holiday before that, so my last day in is 17th jan... can't wait!! :cheer: :cheer:

I started mine 3 weeks before my due date, and went into labour that night.

:x

just to add to that, I found it easier having the baby than being pregnant! So it wasn't really that bad!

i worked until 36 weeks when i was carrying bubs. But i didn't do much work the last few weeks, no one would let me carry the files to my desk!!!

I'm writing my letter to my Bursar at the moment, am leaving at 29 weeks (as early as possible) but half term falls right after that so I'll actually be 30 weeks.

Now I just need to get off PF and write this letter :rotfl:

I left at 29 weeks

working at mcdonalds, I defo wouldnt recommened if your planning on becoming pregnant lol

mine starts officially when i hit 36 weeks, but unofficially today is my last day at work :cheer: :cheer: i'm taking 6 days annual leave at the start of it :)

I started my leave at 37 weeks last time, which was just nice. By then I was so tired and massive I couldn't have worked any longer anyway, but the way I see it, the less time you have before you give birth, the more time you will have with your baby before going back to work. Those last couple of weeks go so slowly as well, waiting for your baby to make an appearance, if I'd been at home longer it would have been agonising just sitting waiting! As it happened he was a week late as well so I actually had 4 weeks without work until he was born. You definately need some time to just relax and get things sorted but I personally wouldn't like to leave too early and have nothing to do. That said, I think I may leave slightly earlier this time but that is mainly beccause I have changed jobs and am now on my feet all day so don't think I'll cope too well when I'm waddling around with a huge bump!

I left at 38 weeks, but looking back I wished I'd have finished at 36 weeks because I was knackered!

My baby was born on 27th august, due 30th august, I started mat leave on july 30th but actually left on june 30th as had hols left and any others I had left I used towards the end and booked last 2 fris off in may and thur and fri in june till I finished, Dont think I could have worked any longer, I couldnt drive as didnt fit behind the wheel, was getting lifts and was completely knackered...... and it was very hot......

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back