• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

How Did You Tell.....

ema-lou24

Reaction score
THE PARENTS!

as title says, how did you tell them you were expecting? although im not at the moment, my biggest fear is telling them!

yes, i was 17 when i fell pregnant with my son, but had been with my ex 2yrs, married etc, but when i told my mum the look of disapointment on her face killed me inside and when she told me to have an aborion as she thought i was too young and would be a useless mother (i proved her wrong) my dad was great tho!

this is all putting me off telling her again (if it ever happens). i know im older, but they still look at me as stupid wee lassie! hard to explain that one 2 u all lol.

so just wondering how you told them. telling the OH's parents will be fine, they would be over the moon! i think id rather post my parents a scan pic and run to john o' groats lol!

When I told my mum I was pregnant again before my MC she suprised me actually. She was really excited, I didn't think she would be!

:hug: I was 18 when I fell pregnant and telling our parents and the rest of our family was the hardest part- we wanted them to be excited but their initial reaction was disappointment and worry that we were too young/was too quick.

I think you just have to come out with it- maybe if you are TTC then make a few hints about being broody/wanting another baby etc and it wont come as such a shock!

I think my mum is quite relieved I am adamant I do not want anymore children EVER, AT ALL...! :rotfl:

Last edited:
:lol: @john a groats

With my first I was 17 and never told her :oooo: I was 16 weeks, had just went to the dr and told him not to send out a scan letter, that I'd ring up instead but he sent the letter :wall: And she opened it :shock:

I remember my life in slow motion that day as I tried to lie my way through why I needed an antenatal appointment :lol:

It was a rough day but after that not too bad :)

She was ok with each one after that :)

I told my parents, they were fine. I told his parents, they avoided all conversation of the sort until she was born then they were fab!!

first time, i asked them if they were gona be in the next day so we could have a chat (i was off to OHs for the night - we'd split up at this point!). they made me tell them, so i was just like, erm i'm pregnant. they were less than impressed lol!

2nd time, omg it was the scariest thing i'd ever had to do EVER!! i just got them and my sister in the living room and told them. but jesus christ it took me friggin ages to get it out cos i was so scared! baring in mind katie was only about 4 months old :rofl:

we told OHs parents on mothers day the first time, they were well chuffed, this time we were on the m60 and i just came out with it - thought his dad was gona crash :rofl:

i have laid out a few hints! my nephew is a year old on 6th of dec, they can see im broody just whenever i look at him.
my mum has told my sister a few months ago that shes "expectng" me to come out and tell her "im pregnant"! lol

thinng is tho, my family are VERY hard to please. im the black sheep of the family. i dont wanna do nething else to disappoint them really.

lol!!

i just dont like being made to feel shit for 7months, till they accept that im not going through with an abortion.

i dont speak openly to my parents, not as close as my sis is anyways! but they dont know half of wot ive had to go through, and when u have a gyne doc telling you that your chances of being a mother again is slim, it makes u want a baby more!

but cos i dont speak to them, they dont know this, so wont appreciate it

Last edited:
lol!!

i just dont like being made to feel shit for 7months, till they accept that im not going through with an abortion.

i dont speak openly to my parents, not as close as my sis is anyways! but they dont know half of wot ive had to go through, and when u have a gyne doc telling you that your chances of being a mother again is slim, it makes u want a baby more!

but cos i dont speak to them, they dont know this, so wont appreciate it

Your body hun, your decision :hug: Do you live at home?

:hug: mine made em feel like shit the whole tim e with katie, but cant imagine life without her now, and this time they actually suprised me how supportive they've been. i think once they realise you've grown up they're a bit different about things xx

ive lived in my own home since i was 16!

everyone keeps telling me that its my life, my womb, but my mother s very bad for emotional blackmail! my son has even told me that he wants a little sister for xmas, lil bit impossible but know wot he means!

i liked that wii comment mamafy, very true! loving singstar at the moment lol

I wouldn't worry hun then, not under their roof so not their rules. It must be hard though :(

I'm abit of a rebel without a cause so nothing would bother me :lol:

My mum wasnt happy when I told her the first time. I was 19 but I was married! That said we'd moved out of rented back to theirs to save a deposit to buy. We bought a house a couple of months later....anyhooo.....the reaction was because she had me unplanned at 23. At the time she was travelling the world with the Army and she feels she missed out - I guess she just knew what I was getting into. my Dad was really happy for us but unerstood my mums concerns.

Last time I was obviously a lot older, settled, house, married (again!) and they were expecting it. They were thrilled not least because their only grandchild for 12 yrs would be getting a brother or sister. I told them the day I found out. This time Emily was going to tell them but she clammed up for some unknown/teenage reason! So I told them and they were over the moon again. :)

I told my mum first, she was excited, then we told my dad after i had an emergency scan, he was really happy, then we went and told his family, they were shocked but really excited too.

with my daughter - we'd just brought our first home together (we'd be living together for a while previously) and had been ttc for 9months - but hadn't told anyone as i have pcos so didn't want any one going on about it when we didn't fall.

we found out on a tuesday night, and we told me parents the wednesday night - we'd just sat down to eat and i made my DF do it - he just said we think we're pregnant! they were totally over the moon, and both cried!

I was getting ready for work and came over faint, my mummy came over with water and a wet face cloth and asked me was I ok, and was it my period.. Welllll I just started crying lol and her face went whiter than white.. No harsh words, I got a hug and it took a while for her to come around but now she loves feeling the baby kick and can't wait to get Grandchild number 2.. You have shown you can do it :) So you shouldn't worry about what your mummy or anyone else wil think or say (I know its easier said than done).. I hope things happen for you soon x

When the time comes just build up the courage by thinking of what you have coming to you a few months down the line and by that time everything and everyone will be hunky dory x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
davidcorso
Back