how did you choose?

littlelaura

Reaction score
How did you choose your babys name? From a book? Insperation?

My partner and I both at the same time said if you had a baby girl what would you call it and we both said robbyn since then we had added onto the name to find the perfect name ... How did you find yours? X

I just heard the name Freya one day and loooooved it! Her middle name is my mums middle name who is no longer with us.....wanted a little bit of my mummy in there.....so she's Freya Elizabeth!

We couldn't decide on a boys name and were team yellow so would have had a nameless little boy lol x

Sent from my sparkly new iPhone

We went through books and everything and one day oh said Owen and it grew me :)

DD didn't have a name when she was born but once I'd met her it her name just came to me and suits her perfectly! her middle name was my grandma's name.

With Sebastian we found out we were expecting a boy and couldn't come up with anything despite trawling through countless websites and name books. Then my sister suggested Sebastian and as soon as I said it out loud we instantly agreed that was it! His middle name is DH's grandad's name. Also his name means Revered Great defender of men.

its soo hard isnt it, ive whittled it down to 2 names soo far and will see what she loooks like, or i may change my mind completely x

Jack gets his name from 1 of my Grandad's Brothers. He was 1 of 14 children (last 1 left at 88 years old!!) and had a brother called Jack who died when he was 7 years old after falling from scaffolding. We had Jack or Harry for a boy and were leaning more towards Harry until we told my Grandad our names and he told us about his Jack! Sold it for us there and then!

His middle name is Stephen after his Daddy! :) x

We hadn't even discussed the name Angel, I think we'd sort of decided on Alyssia around the due date. I was under a general and when I came around (about an hour after she was born) as soon as she was placed on me I said Angel and thats all, totally spur of the moment :) xx

With our first baby , we both just knew Rhys was the right name from really early on and didn't dicuss it from there, then struggled with a girls name but decided near DDay. He was Rhys Daniel, or would have been Tegan.

With my second he was going to be one of three names , Toby, Bryn or Zack, and we chose Toby, we both had Robyn as our girls name, so used it as our boys middle name spelt Robin.

With my third, we chose Briony, after a fellow female ice hockey player, i met when I was younger, I remember it being a lovely name from a lovely girl and the only time I had heard it! she was Briony Leigh , as I'm a Tommy Lee Jones fan, and it sounded nice, So we have a Briony Leigh Jones (were also Jones).
She was going to be Devon, after the original Knight rider tv series charector.

With my forth (9 years later), we used our boys name, Devon and added Rory (I knew this from comedien Rory Bremner), and if a girl- he would have been a Marina, (from Stingray!) and middle name Penny , a name I used for my pet chicken, but I liked it soo much

I would make a list of names in private, and oh do the same, you have to list top 5 girls and top 5 boys, and then swap lists and see what each other has got, and see if you have duplicate (which then go to the top of a new shortlist), and keep doing this, like adding 5 new names only each, and this way you will start looking more closely at each others names, and talking them through - worked for us

My first Monty jack my sister went to uni with a lad and monty was his nickname and I loved it jack just because they went together I didnt know at the time there was a cheese called it lol

My second Dolly Dot, I loved dolls till I was about 12 and always wanted a girl couldn't believe my luck when they told me she was a girl, my own really life Dolly it just seemed perfect, the Dot was just because it rhymed lol

My 3rd Herbie Elvis, I seen the mama and papas pram herbie in the shop and thought ohhhh i like that for a name haha and my grandad is a huge Elvis fan so it was for him.

My ds didn't have a name but we decided if it was a boy he would have Harvey and Leonard as middle names (after each of our Grandads) and when he was born we couldn't think of any names and decided Harvey suited him. We had a few suggestions for a girl but dont know what we would have gone for!!

me and my OH both made a list of names we liked in secret and then got together to see if any matched! xxx

We had a blissful Roman holiday while I was (slightly) pregnant and decided to go for a Latin name. Going through a massive list, Vincent was the only one we loved, has a lovely meaning and goes with his surname.

First daughter was picked by my wife and sister in law
Second was Named from TV charaters

Asha Jayne (Wife and sister inlaw)
Callie Mae (Callie from CSI)

Hope u like :)

I've always had my names picked since I was little (Grace & Michael) but when I found out I was pregnant I realised I needed to maybe let my hubby have some input! :D So we've now gone with April Grace for a girl, his mum is called Avril so it fits really nicely and my Gran is called Grace. Then Michael John for a boy, Michael after my Dad and John after hubby's Dad. xx

We both sat down and went through what names we liked and found we liked traditional names. However from day one my OH has called the bump Maximus as a joke. We found out at 20 weeks we were team blue and ever since I can only see the LO as Max, although we are still going to see what he looks like :) xxx

Last edited:
We had our boys name picked since before he was conceived about 2 years before in fact :)

We chose Riven, I mentioned it to OH and he said he really liked it as well so it was always settled as that, when we found out we were pregnant we starte dthinking about only girls names and we found that oen really hard, so were kind of pleased we don't have to decide :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back