How could I not after hearing this.......

clairebear22

Reaction score
Hey!

So I know it's really early into my pregnancy but me & my OH told all our relatives we're expecting yesterday.

I told my Grandad who was absolutley over the moon for me! I'm his favourite grandchild (know idea why).

He asked if we had any ideas for names so I told him either Harry or Jack for a boy....

He looked me square in the face and said "Please called him Jack"!!

I said why and he said he had a Brother called Jack who died when he was 6!! He said he fell from some scaffolding onto his head, walked home and died during the night!:shock:

That setled it for us there and then, if we have a Son he's going to be:

Jack Stephen Davis :)

xxx

aww thats a really sad story but nice that u wana call your little one after him,

xxx

Oh thats a very sad story! But lovely that you would want to keep his name going.
XxX

Such a sad story :( How lovely for your grandad if you do have a son called Jack though...love the name Jack! x

I think it means so much more if the name has some family conatation, so definitely go with it x

You lucky thing! That is the ideal situation that we could all do with - someone else taking control and telling us which name to have and then giving the most perfect reason why :)

I like the name Jack too and it's popularity has dwindled too so not every other child should have it anymore :dance:

I really hope you get a boy now :love:

Last edited:
So sad but such a lovely reason to name him (if him!) Jack. Your Grandad will be well chuffed.xx

Ahh , your Grandad will be chuffed if you have a boy- lovely idea

My OH is a Jack (well Jackie) - (you don't get many big ones!) so I'm biased anyway!

aww that gave me goosebumps- lovely tribute xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mara14
Back