how big is the age gap of your children?

There will be almost 7 years between my boy and expectant baby. I'm concerned as although not spoilt, he has been an only child for over 6 years already.....
Currently he doesn't know yet, waiting until 12 weeks to explain he will be getting a brother or sister later in the year.

Any advice or experiences on such a big gap hugely welcome.

I had an 8 and a half year age gap between mine, wish it wasn't so big but I wasn't ready for a long time. Your son will be really excited I'm sure when he finds out. He's been lucky enough to have u for all those year's all to himself. He might be a little jelous at times to begin with when you have so many people fussing over the new baby but as long as your give him plenty of attention he'll be fine! Older kids can fetch things for you and help you with the baby so it has its up sides! I got my son a present for him fron baby when she was born as the baby will be getting so many gifts so it's nice if they get a little something and congratulations on becoming a big brother card etc

I have 4 years and 1 month between my 2. I found it quite hard at first but my lg was in nicu for around 2 weeks and it felt like we had divorced children at time and I found it hard to split my time. It got easier after a few weeks home , my son was very accepting that he may have to wait a bit longer for things or ask daddy instead if I was feeding baby. They have a lovely bond and I love seeing them interact and sometimes wish I'd had them closer together xxx

19 months between mine & it is tough - DD2 is currently nearly 8 weeks old & DD1 is approaching the terrible twos... I am reassured by other ladies saying the first three months are horrendous but it gets better! Looking forward to them being able to interact, my eldest loves her little sis though & wants to kiss her all the time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back