• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Hot water bottle?

Jayjay027

Reaction score
I was just wondering if it is ok to use a hot water bottle during these early weeks?

I know I can't have a hot bath, but I keep getting bad period-like cramps, and a bath or a hot water bottle always eased my cramps, but I'm petrified of over-heating my wee spud.

If not, what can I do to ease the cramps? I don't really want to take tablets.
Thanks girls
Xx

Sent from my BlackBerry 9800 using Tapatalk

You can take paracetomol safely hunny, if in doubt ring your epu and ask their advice. Too much heat isn't good for LO but you can safely have a warm bath (not hot) xxxxxxxxx

I havent changed the temps of my baths thorughout x whoops x

As long as they water is comfortable for you it's fine I think. I judge it whether I can lower my toosh into the water without pulling a funny face lmao

I asked my midwife about this a few weeks back. She said it's fine as the baby is quite far down and well protected. She said later in pregnancy the baby may protest a bit if it gets too hot!

Apparently the biggest risk is if you get too hot all over, like with a really hot bath, Having a hot water bottle on one area shouldn't affect your temperature too much.

Hope that helps!

It's raising your temp all over that is more of a problem - I have to sleep with a hot water bottle between my feet because they are so cold I can hardly feel them! They've never been like this before! x

Great thank you very much girls :)

I might have a warm hot water bottle instead of a hot one lol. The cramps get pretty bad when I lie down and I really need to do something to ease them :) xx

I had this trouble to!! seems ages ago now but i was concerned about putting heat directly on my tummy soooo.. sounds stupid i know, i sat on a really hot, hot water bottle and the heat travelled up just enough to releive my tummy cramps.. might be worth giving that a go as well hun x

Oh great idea - thank u!! I'll do that tonight. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clark Gracen
Back