Hospital Bag!!

Jaidy

Reaction score
From how many weeks pregnant did you mummies have you hospital bags packed??

Did you do one for baby and one for you??

Its just after my brief hospital stay this week it made me think about when I should do it!!

I have all the stuff but no bag :roll: :lol: ,i usually have mine packed by 36 weeks,but there is no harm in doing it now if you wanted. I am gonna do a bag for me and a bag for baby :D xx

i packed mine at 35 weeks as i had a scare and midwife thought she might come early lol
and i paked 1 4 me and 1 4 baby
xxxx

I packed mine about 30 weeks cos you never know if you will need a stay in hospital earlier. I did at 32 weeks with my bp.

I packed one for me and one for baby by 32 weeks. Thats what it suggested in the book. Some books suggest packing two bags for you, one for during labour and one for after. Seems like a lot of hassle to me and you dont want to be laden down with bags when you go into labour but its worth a thought.

Got my bag but not stuff yet..am still writing my list lol. Wanted to be organised and am suprised at myself that i havent got anything yet..still there is plenty of time yet

i havent done mine yet :oops:

well i've started it as far as getting a towel and some pj's out.

izzyx

I started packing mine at about 35 or 36 weeks, but it wasn't finished....I was still frantically throwing things into my bag as Phil was ushering me out of the door into the taxi haha! (I went in to be induced).

i had one for if me and B if we stayed in over nite or longer

and one for like labour and and straight after

mine was ready at 30 weeks or so i thought till i went into labour and mum was checking it and i forgot aload of stuff lol

I have a very detailed hospital bag. Check it out:

Maternity notes
Wash cloth
Make-up wipes
Make-up
Towels
Going home outfit
Deo
Socks
Labour top
PJ’s
Dressing gown
Disposable undies
Maternity pads
Purse with mobile, cash, change, wallet, etc
Breast pump
Hair bands and scrunchies
Lotion
Body wash
Shower poof
Shampoo
Conditioner
Toothbrush
Toothpaste
House slippers
Kleenex
Gentle girdle / tummy support for after birth
Tankini top for water birth
Mobile phone
Nappies
Baby blanket
Warm baby going home outfit
Wipes
Baby shampoo
Baby nail clippers
Magazines / newspapers
Antenatal notes for BF
Snacks
Change of clothing BF
Deodorant BF
Plenty of change / cash
Digicam
Camcorder and tapes
Car seat

Still adding to list like every day too. Won't find a bag big enough to fit everything in!

JaidyBaby said:
From how many weeks pregnant did you mummies have you hospital bags packed??

Did you do one for baby and one for you??

Its just after my brief hospital stay this week it made me think about when I should do it!!

ive always had mine packed and by the door by around 32 weeks jade. You only have to take poor skatty as an example of why

I had one labour bag with the snack, drinks and a few baby clothes and nappies in. Then I also had my bag for the ward.

It's good idea to have a bag at home with your "extras" in so you OH doesn't have to struggle looking for more baby clothes and some more stuff for you if you unexpectedly have to stay in longer. I was stuck in for 4 days, I'm so glad I left all my extras stuff ready to go so OH could just grab it. I had more nappies, comfy clothes for me and Brody and a few more nice snacks etc

Urchin, did you use the snack and drinks bag when in labour?
All I took with me last time were energy tablets. Thinking of taking some goodies to eat while in labour and just afterwards. What sort of snacks did you pack? Sorry for bombarding you with questions chick

i never ate during labour but i packed a bottle of orange squash to drink.
You can pack anything you fancy violet. Crisps/biscuits etc. You may find you don't want to eat though

violet-glow said:
Urchin, did you use the snack and drinks bag when in labour?
All I took with me last time were energy tablets. Thinking of taking some goodies to eat while in labour and just afterwards. What sort of snacks did you pack? Sorry for bombarding you with questions chick

With Mason I was in Labour for 24 hours, so did end up eating my bisuits and choclote and stuff. With Brody I was in full labour for about 5 hours, so not too bad, OH ate some of the snacks too though. I took loads of cartons of Ribena in, which was great. OH had to buy some for when I was on the ward cos all they give you is water.

sorry if i jumped in there beanie! i can't help myself :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itsa1231
Back