Hospital Bag Questions

Cherrycola

Reaction score
Hiya

Hope you don't mind me popping in to ask a few questions about what to put in my hospital bag. My DD was prem so I didn't even have a hospital bag packed, just relied on OH to bring me stuff as I needed it.

First question is do I really need a dressing gown? I only have a thick one that I rarely use at home and it's probably going to be boiling in a hospital in August. Do you think a longish cardi would do instead?

2nd question is how manys pack maternity pads should I take initially? Obv I will have more at home that OH can bring me if required. Sounds like a silly question but I was in intensive care for a few days after DD was born so they were all provided. Does the hospital normally provide you with any directly after birth?

I'm packing my bag on the assumption that I will be having a c section as baby is currently lying transverse. If baby moves head down by 36 weeks I will be considering a VBAC.

Thanks x

Hi hun long cardi should b fine and I took 2 packs in with me initially as I didn't want to b caught out !! And normally the first one is provided after the birth but that's it !! I also took paper pants for the first time to save me worrying bout leaking and they r easy to rip off to save u getting in a mess too. Hope all goes well for u Hun xxx

I never took a dressing gown - those hospital wards are always boiling! A cardi should be fine. I took 2 packs of pads but was discharged after 6 hours so never needed them all :)
Also, I never over packed anything as my hospital is very close to lots of shops, a chemist etc so would just send OH to get more supplies if needed :)

I bought a cheap dressing gown from primark that was really lightweight .

I took 2 packs of pads with me but I didn't use them all. I was in for a day and a half after the baby was born.

I took a long cardigan hun and I was fine with that . I took one pack of pads in and that was enough as I was out the next day . I found it was best having one bag for me and another one for baby xxxx

^^WSS

It is so hot in hospitals. And I took a mother are pack of 24 but I was wearing 2 at a time as I was bleeding so much, but they lasted until I got home.

I never used a dressing gown or cardi- just my pj's or linen trousers. I was in hospital for 3 days and used about 20 pads I think. The mothercare ones are amazing- really padded. They also give a guide on the pack about how many you'll need xx

I took a dressing gown because it was a bit of a comfort item for me, I had an elective section and wanted to be as comfy as possible. I'm sure a long cardi would be fine though! as long as it's long enough to cover your bum as sometimes it peeps through the gown if you having a section ( may be a tad embarrasing when walking to theatre if a little cheek pops out to say hello!

I took one pack of maternity pads. After the section i was cleaned and had my pad changed by the MWs whenever needed so to be honest i didn't really use alot of my own because theres were bigger and free! lol.

I would suggest taking the biggest pair of knickers you can find, I took a pack of size 20s. I couldn't have worn underwear without them for the first couple of weeks.

Hope everything goes well for you hun and you have a lovely birth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back