Hormone issues!

Gizzy Kelly

Reaction score
Hi Girls

Does anyone else think they have an issue with their homrones? I posted a thread a few week ago about my skin (I get a few spots on my chin which is apparently hormonal) but I am starting to think I have a general hormone problem.

Since coming off the pill in September 2009 I find myself up and down all the time. Now I know my body quite well, I have noticed that around ovulation time and leading up to my period I feel like a crazed women. Ths happens at work and at home. I get so irrational and annoyed at the smallest of things and just seem to go off on one. I also get really upset and cry for no reason. I don't think it is good thing getting stressed all of the time and now I wonder whether it is not helping me get pregnant. i.e feeling stressed and irritated in my 2 ww?

I have told my nutrionist about this and she has told me to start EPO which I have done, and I think she might tell me to go on Agnus Castus when I see her again at the end of January. I have also undergoing a month of saliva tests over the course of one cycle to check my hormone levels throughout the month. I don't get the results of these until the end of January.

I am starting to think that being on the pill for 12 years has done me no favours whatsoever as my body doesent seem to have adjusted well for the last 2 and half years, albiet i accept that I am get regular periods, they are still only very short and not very heavy.

Does anyone else feel their hormones playing havoc??? and if so what do you do about it?? Is there anything I can take to help other than AC and EPO??

Love Gizzy xxx

Hi Gizzy,

I am affected by mood swings depending on where in my cycle I am.

It's odd that you mention that around Ovulation time you get PMS symptoms... I am exactly the same?

I find the only time I am truly unaffected by hormones is CD1 - CD8?

I intend to start keeping a diary as it will be interesting to chart a few months and see how my moods are on any given CD?

I also on the pill (came off 23rd Feb 2011)

xxxxxxxx

I was sure as anything my hormones were not right, the doctors kept on telling me nothing was wrong but i was so anxious and panicky all the time, suffered palpitations etc , i knew it was a hormone imbalance, i cant take the pill or have the injection or implant due to this x

hiya hun i know exactly what you mean!! i have irregular periods longest being 5 months, shortest 2.5 months and during my cycle i have so many times where i get the symptoms of af coming! So i fully expect af and then nothing!! not sure if that sounds like a load of waffle but wasnt sure how to write it down haha!! brain isnt functioning yet today!! ive had my hormones tested and all were apparantly normal apart from my testosterone level which is raised!

I was only on the pill for around 5-6 years but i really regret ever using it! I can honestly say that i will never use it again!!

xxx

I'm really similar to you Gizzy.

I had a total freak out around OV this cycle, definitely felt pre-menstural with my emotions.

I dunno. I think my hormones are fine but that i'm sensitive to changes in hormones rather than the actual hormones that are present. It's the change that makes me flip...

I wouldn't worry about it tbh, but i'll let you know when i get my immune bloods back ;)

Mine flare up when AF is due, i get spotty, i get emotional then i get horny :eh: not the best combo really, OH doesnt know what to do ha ha xxx

I cry at everything .... films, adverts, songs .... cartoons :shock: !!!

Hey Gizzy, I get emotional every month like most of us ladies. I get really teary a day or so before AF, that's how I know it's on its way. It comes on really suddenly. I think epo has helped a bit so you might start to notice a difference after a few months taking it xxx

HI, i too have been suffering spots and really emotional since off the pill. I know its prob my body adjusting but its weird i so wish i hadnt taken the pill for so long.

Michelle. x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back