why didnt my doc tell me?? im so mad!!

Emma.b

Reaction score
Long story short i had to ring my docs to have my referal to see a consultant at the hospital changed. The nice lady who did this for me asked if i wanted a copy of the letter he sent to the hospital for my own records. I obviously said yes....which is where my jaw dropped to the floor...

It says ' an ultrasound scan revealed enlarged ovaries and also demonstrated multiple immature follicles suggestive of PCOS. Hormone profile was then carried out which was 'satisfactory'.....what in gods name!!

So do i have PCOS or not?! I'm assumming as the hormone levels were 'ok' that i dont have it...but if i dont then what is causing the enlarged ovaries etc and how much will it effect my chances of conceiving?

Hi Emma

I would ask the Doctor to ring you direct to explain the scan. When did you have the ccan done???

Do you have any of the symtoms of PCOS? i.e irregular periods, acne, weight issues, and exessive hair?

An AMH level blood test will also give your Doctor a good idea if you do have it. I paid for mine privately if you want to find out ASAP. I can give you the details of you want. It also gives you a good idea of your egg reserve.

There a quite a few girls on here who have PCOS who will be able to advise you better on this. I dont really know muich about it, but I do understand that you can still conceive and lots of women do and have healthy pregnancies. With PCOS you don't always ovulate so they may give you some medication like Clomid etc etc. Again the other girls here will be able to help you with clomid experiences if you do have it.

Try not to worry. I would be really annoyed if my Doctor had not informed me either. The amount of times I have panicked after having called the Doctor receptionist. The letter only said 'suggestive' of PCOS only, so hopefully one more blood test will put your mind at ease. You need your Doctor to call you back thouigh to explain more and ask him what you need to do now. Suggst the AMH level to see if you can get this done on the NHS.

Take care and let us know how it goes.

Love Gizzy xxxxx

I have PCOS and I found out after an ultrasound. If your really worried I'd ring your GP and ask to speak to him about your results or google the symptoms and see if you have any of them :)

hey i had the scan done in september 2010...i got a call from the nurse saying everything was ok, i've also seen the doctors numerous of times since. I remember when i had my blood results back he umm and arrrr'd about the results then decided they were ok actually.

I have just googled and wished i hadnt....i do suffer with mild acne, and i do carry alot of extra weight (altho i have lost a stone and half! yay me!!lol) I have previously had high blood pressure but havent had it read in a while. I wouldn't say i have excessive hair, altho i do have hairy big toes, does that count? lol

I also regularly get a dull ache in my right hand side, i have it right now. Im on cd 6 and af has been and gone.

I think i'm gonna have to speak with him, or take the notes with me to the gyneacologist when i go.

It could just mean you have it mild hunny, I don't have it really badly as I have concieved twice now to my unbelief. I had bloods done as well as scan and was told I didn't ovulate which upset me.

My doctor never showed me the results at all I just peak at their computers hehe while their looking I'm nosey so did see some values I saw my cholesterol is fine under the min so was glad about that. I have had irregular periods to which now they have settle to 31-33 days x

hey how are you all?

i have since request the doctor ring me but he hasnt got back to me yet. I did however asked my bf to ask his doc for a second opinion. He took the results with him, his doc took 1 look at the blood results and said it looks like i have pcos then my bf showed him the scan results. His doc says the reason he hasnt diagnosed me as pcos is for 2 reasons my age...apparently i dont fall into the right age bracket to get diagnosed with pcos, and also because i have a child.

so my partners doctor has give the names of 2 drugs i should have a word with the gynaecologist about. He also said if i wanted to move over to his surgery i could and he would take up where my doctor has left off.

Now i have to wait to see what the gyneacologist says and decide if i want to stay with my doc or move to my partners surgery.

Last edited:
I have pcos with satisfactory hormone levels. Also, my friend has PCOS and has kids (so does Victoria Beckham!! ) so I dont think that having a child has got anything to do with it at all!

x good luck x

HI, sorry i saw this post and thought i'd pop from ttc and share. You can have enlarged polycystic ovaries (which it sounds like you have) without have the polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS) which needs a scan, AND bloods showing a problem without bloods confirming pros it sounds just like polycyctic ovaries which loads of women have (me too!). I was told there should be no problems conceiving if i had that alone if periods are regular and no other symptoms of PCOS (my bloods are normal, i'm not overweight or hirsute, and don't suffer overly with af each month, plus af is regular though with a long cycle, 35d) any changes in those things can be another symptoms of PCOS. I did conceive as many women do even with a positive PCOS diagnosis. I hope you get some answers from doc, they really should have explained that to you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back