Honest opinions - leaving baby for an evening out

It's really interesting to hear all of your views, thanks.

It's tomorrow night and yep we are still going!

OH has asked one of his other brothers to have James (James is a lot more familiar with this uncle) and I sent an apologetic message to his bro, who was lovely and understanding so no real harm done. Although I did proper flip out with OH earlier, I mean I had a proper tantrum!!

OH bought me home Baklava to cheer me up - and I assume to admit that he was wrong??

I know I can't control who James sees but this is the first time we are both leaving him and I needed to feel comfortable leaving him.

So yay tomorrow we are off out to have a posh dinner, can't wait!!

xxxxxx

He bought you a balaclava? Weird gift! Lol

Enjoy your meal tomorrow hun, glad it all worked out x

Tapatalking so can't see sigs or click thanks!

Trust you Tambo.....lol x

Have a great night Carnat. :) x

Lmao! I honestly thought it said balaclava!! I just googled it :rofl:!

I have never heard of a baklava btw lol x

As a generalised point, my brother and his girlfriend have no experience with kids (both mid 20s) and they are absolutely fantastic with my LO and always have been! Just because people haven't got kids doesnt mean that they are incapable of looking after them :)! I like the fact that by having LOs uncle around he can give her additional life experiences and memories to add to and I love the idea of her having lots of family around her instead of just mum and dad.

James' uncle that did have him yesterday doesn't have kiddies and he was my first choice babysitter :lol:

xxxx

OH didn't know what it was until he met me!! It's one of my fave desserts.

xxxxxxxx

It's really interesting to hear all of your views, thanks.

It's tomorrow night and yep we are still going!

OH has asked one of his other brothers to have James (James is a lot more familiar with this uncle) and I sent an apologetic message to his bro, who was lovely and understanding so no real harm done. Although I did proper flip out with OH earlier, I mean I had a proper tantrum!!

OH bought me home Baklava to cheer me up - and I assume to admit that he was wrong??

I know I can't control who James sees but this is the first time we are both leaving him and I needed to feel comfortable leaving him.

So yay tomorrow we are off out to have a posh dinner, can't wait!!

xxxxxx

He bought you a balaclava? Weird gift! Lol

Enjoy your meal tomorrow hun, glad it all worked out x

Trust you Tambo.....lol x

Have a great night Carnat. :) x

Lol!!!! Too funny! I can imagine an OH in trouble come home with a lovely wrapped gift and it gets opened and there's a knitted balaclava in there.

Glad you had a lovely time Carnat! I love baklava too. In case you'd never been there is an amazing place in Green Lanes that makes great baklava - Yasir Halim. Apparently lots of Greeks and Turks around London go to that shop specifically. It was also in the Times as one of the 'secret gems' of London dining/food.

Xxx

Oh thanks for the tip hun!! I am not too far from Green Lanes so may have to take a wonder down there soon.

xxxxxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kiara.y2
Back