Screaming baby every evening

Becs

Reaction score
Hello,

Okay, bless his cottons, but Austin screams his head off every evening during/ after his feed until I manage to get him down. (Then really can't complain as he sleeps until we feed him at 10.30pm). He has suspected refux but is very happy on his back which makes me suspicious it isn't really reflux. He is having gaviscon in his feeds which has limited the screamy sessions but the evening one just won't budge. It's so upseting as he is totaly inconsolable every evening.I don't think it's colic as have readabout that and seriously feel for those parents as it sounds like a 6 hour session every day.

I just wondered if anyone else has been through this with their baby and if so............. when does it stop???

Lots of love
Becs xxx

I cant really offer any advice but just wanted to give you support. My last baby was very unsettled at certain times of the day and concerned as you are, it gets very waring on you.

Sounds like colic to me hun, how old is he? From about 3 weeks Becky was crying for no reason for 3 or 4 hours, over the weeks this decreased to an hour and as of about 3 weeks ago it completely disappeared. I thought it would never end but one day it just stopped and it hasn't happened since. She now only gets really upset in the evening if she's exhausted and fighting sleep.

We tried infacol, it helped a little but not much. Keeping her upright after feeds helped, as did (does) a warm bath.

He will grow out of it, but I know it seems like forever away when it's happening. :hug:

Aw thanks you Guys, I thought I was being a bit cheeky posting this as I'm sure others have it much harder. But yeah it is very waring. Great to hear it does clear up. Austin is 3 and a half months but as he was prem he is only 6 weeks corrected so don't now where he falls in terms of screamy baby session age (if there is such a thing).

Anyhoo, I'm sure it will all be over one day and we will all be happier.

Thanks for th support :hug:

Brody also had this, we used to use gripe water which helped sometimes.
Riley is much better.

I would recommend making sure you wind as much as you can for every feed during the day, and use a sling in the day and evening if you can, it really helps get all the little burps up.

It does get better, I totally know how it feels. :hug:

Gabrielle has taken to crying lots if she's tired and we haven't realised in time. If she's due a feed and needs to sleep it's a crying screaming nightmare! Is there any chance that could be it?

We're nearly on top of it now as we put her to sleep at the first yawn :D Cuddles or cot, whichever looks like it will work best.

lil miss is happy on her back but hated being on her front... would always puke loads and she has reflux. but it sounds more like colic which is more common in the evening than any other time of the day. :hug: :hug: :hug:

sounds colicy to me too.Caden has had colic from about 2weeks old.i use infacol at every feed,keep him upright for 20-30 minutes after each feed a warm bath helps too.it never bothers him dring the day just from about 5pm onwards sually til he settles abot 11pm.he has got better the older hes got and screaming fits are less frequent.

Sounds like it could be colic.

We use Infacol (got to give it a fair few days to really kick in though) and also wind lots during feeds and bath him in the tummy tub which helps get burps up also. And relaxes him.

im doing a baby massage class through surestart that seems to help relax him too :)

Luke went through a patch like that. Colic relief medicines helped a bit but there is no cure for babies being babies. :D

Repeat "It's just a phase and it will pass" while you pull your hair out.

Emms can be like this, yesterday was a prime example. It could be over-tiredness? Is your bab v alert and active during the day? Emms kicks around a lot and wants to be entertained ++. It's generally worse if we have been out and about during the day.

I have tried getting Emms to sleep more during the day and to wind down in the evenings e.g. be in a darkened room with her watching tv on low level noise etc. Sometimes a walk with the pram if she's really bad. :hug:

Wow thanks for all of your comments, I hate to say it but it makes me feel better knowing that so many people have this. Yes overtired is certainly something that doesn't help. It's often from 5 mins into a feed though so more general unsettledness too I think. He is usually a bit better after he has been to the osteopath. I guess if I was growing that quickly I would feel pretty out of sorts too.

Mostly just pleased to hear that it will pass. Roll on the next few weeks (without wishing time away really).

Thanks again,
B x x x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back