Home visitis from mw...

Mrsjones1209

Reaction score
Is it normal that my mw hasn't even asked about comming over to do a home visit? My next app with her is the 20th of June....10 days before d-day! So I could have long popped by then.
For all she knows we live in a crack den or have a house full of dogs cats whatever and its full of crap! Lol!
As it turns out we dont live in a crack den, but we do have 1 dog and our house isn't full of crap either! Ha ha!

Karlie xxx

Mine came. At.16 weeks.to do . First check. Apparently. Its new thing that they like to access. House.and surrounding. ...maybe its different. In different areas??? Mind u she only came in lounge we may have had a crack. Den out back.ha ha

Don't think all mw's do home visits before lo arrives. Mine certainly don't... Just after.

I didn't realise that's why they came lol
Mine came at 34wks but it wasn't my normal MW- infact my normal MW didn't even know I'd had a home visit!
Maybe u should phone up ur mw's dept and ask them if u want one?
It was quite useful in terms of breast feeding and also what I'm putting baby to bed in. Got lots of leaflets to go thru yet too xx

Tapatalking. X

Mine was guna come for my 36wk app, but i was up the hosp having scan that day so i cancelled and im seeing her at surgery for my 38wk one next thurs..

She didnt explain why she wanted to do it at home.. I was a bit baffled cos i thought thats what health vistors are for!

I tidied up like a mad women aswell lol!!
But she hasnt asked to come to the house for the 38wk app instead.. It was to discuss birthplan and go over signs of labour and said it could be about an hour appointment so that might be why she wanted to come over mine instead of surgery xx

Mine came at 34wks but it wasn't my normal MW- infact my normal MW didn't even know I'd had a home visit!
It was quite useful in terms of breast feeding and also what I'm putting baby to bed in. Got lots of leaflets to go thru yet too xx

Tapatalking. X

My mw is nice but always rushing. She's never spoken to me about anything like breastfeeding! Just gave me a leaflet about a breastfeeding session run locally. At our surgery the 34 and 38 week visits are with a dr, who has been fantastic and chatted about signs of labour etc... My mw just threw a load of leaflets in my notes and job done.

Midwives by me don't do them atall, only come round once bubba arrives x

Tapatalking. X

My mw is nice but always rushing. She's never spoken to me about anything like breastfeeding! Just gave me a leaflet about a breastfeeding session run locally. At our surgery the 34 and 38 week visits are with a dr, who has been fantastic and chatted about signs of labour etc... My mw just threw a load of leaflets in my notes and job done.

Mine always seems to be ina rush aswell. In appointments or on the phone!
My appointments have never lasted more than 10mins.
Same with the BF.. im going to a class up the antenatal unit on wednesday this week. My MW hasnt discussed anything about it! x

It's so varied isn't it. I didn't know they did home visits before baby certainly iv had none so far I hav appoint with Dr for antenatal at 34 weeks so weds and hav consultant appoint and growth scan at 36 weeks so not sure when I see if I see my mw again?

If its ur 1st baby hun ud have 33,36,38,40 wk appointments. But if u have a hosp app the same week u may not need to see MW as theyll be doing ur BP,urine checks etc.. But again it could be different in diff areas! xx

My mw is the scattiest uve ever met! Lol! She's lovely, straight to the point but scatty! she always has bright pink lipstick on her teeth to, she's about 5ft tall and 5ft wide, with masses of black cotton wool type hair!
Karl thinks she talks like a gay man with a lisp!! Lmao!!
She asked me last Thursday if I was aware shed be over the day after I come out of hospital and maybe for the next 7-10 days, then I'd go over to my health visitor.
The very next day? Really? Do they not think ill have enough visitors! Haha

Karlie xxx

hahaha! They do all checks on baby and u aswell. If we end up with stitches etc theyll keep tabs on all that!

Im dreading letting her look at stitches, spesh with the blood that we are due to get after birth erghhhh :( lol xx

My mw has not offered a home visit, to be honest she is useless, she said are you breastfeeding, that's it. No birth plan, no information, nothing! When I go she does a stick in my wee, blood pressure, heartbeat and feels my tummy.

Thats pretty much all mine has done so far lol.

In my maternity notes theres pages about when particular things should be discussed... SHE HASN'T!!!

If noah is still isnt born by next thurs 38+3 (doubt he would be) Ill make sure all is covered without leaving! xx

The home visits after birth are gonna be quite useful I think girls, teach you how to do any of the basics with baby if your unsure, ask her any questions you didn't even know were gonna be relevant...

I've had all my midwife appts at home so far, it's been lovely. But then, it's been my mum and I don't have to clean for her coming haha! I have my first surgery appt next week just so I'm seeing someone else x

Iv got 2 boys and not a hv nor a mw came to visit BEFORE baby was due....it shocks me to think they would...why would they (genuine qn may Iadd) x

Mine never came! Only heakth visitors once baby was born!

mummy to ds 11/7/11
pregnant *team pink* due 12/9/13

I had a health visitor out last week..
But no MW. In fact, health visitor was useless! She was like.. Well I won't be your HV anyway, so there was no point in me coming, but while I'm here.. Has your OH every been violent towards you? WTF!!!!! He was sat right there lmao. Asked if my OH had any drink/drug issues. And then left :eh: So I don't even know who my HV will be? Or when I'll next see them? Lol!
My MW is just as useless, doesn't talk about anything. She'll do my urine, and then if she remembers she'll do my BP. And that's it lmao! I'll occasionally get a leaflet given to me and that's it. No info on BF, or birthplan, etc x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back