Home Insurance

Lou

Reaction score
Ok so this thread must be one of the most boringest rubbish threads ever but I just wanted to know who you have buildings and contents insurance with? We've just switched our mortgage and I've just taken out a new policy with Tesco online and it was only £24.80 a month including acidental damage.

:bored: Who do you insure with?

Think ours is with quick fit £19.98 a months i always co on confused .com

sainsburys think its £5 a month or something daft :)

Ours is with Barclays, its £24.00 ish- so about the same as you

So its looking like they are all about the same give or take a few pounds. Thats good because I didnt really have a clue before I started shopping around. I got online quotes from all the major insurers and tesco were the cheapest I could find. More than had a deal where you get the 3rd year free if you don't make claim. But with buildings and contents and accidental damage it came to over £30 a month.

I'm thinking I've done an ok deal :)

cheers peeps :wink:

G3M said:
more then , 17ish for just contents :shock: bloody london :evil:

We are right on the edge. My mum and dad are in Raynes Park / Wimbledon and theres is alot higher because of their postcode.

We are classed as Surrey.

£17 from Endsleigh. We had to have uber cover because of Nat's guitars.. :|

Ours is £11 a month with bradford and bingly and its quite good cover too :D

leckershell said:

Why does he smash them up after a gig and trash your furniture? Rock n roll :wall:

Here I just had a thought, you know that advert on TV for car insurance and the woman picks her son up in her car and she says "today I renewed our car insurance.....online" and then she has a really smug cocky look on her face? ....I'm going to pull that same face later when Jed comes home and I tell him I ordered new home insurance.....online.

:rotfl: Its really tickled me. Maybe you have to be here........ :oops:

For buildings and contents £29 through Halifax home insurance.

Think we're being ripped off after seeing other peoples premiums.

We used to insure with Tesco as hubby got a 10% discount with them for being staff, but when their quote came in the post we were shocked.

We have never claimed and have been with them for 4 years and they still gave us a ridiculous quote. It was the same for our car insurance.

I went on line and checked what other places had to offer for both car and home insurance and we ended up going with Churchill and admiral. Both companies saved us over £160 per year between them and we got much better cover. xxx

NIE said:
We used to insure with Tesco as hubby got a 10% discount with them for being staff, but when their quote came in the post we were shocked.

We have never claimed and have been with them for 4 years and they still gave us a ridiculous quote. It was the same for our car insurance.

I went on line and checked what other places had to offer for both car and home insurance and we ended up going with Churchill and admiral. Both companies saved us over £160 per year between them and we got much better cover. xxx

Its like anything though I suppose with new customers getting the best deals. I will still shop around when we renew our mortgage again. Churchills for us were the most expensive for buildings and contents insurance with accidental cover.

lou said:
NIE said:

Its like anything though I suppose with new customers getting the best deals. I will still shop around when we renew our mortgage again. Churchills for us were the most expensive for buildings and contents insurance with accidental cover.

I agree, new customers do seem to get the best deals. Best to shop around each time. It might be a bit of a pain, but not when it comes to saving money. xxx

lou said:
leckershell said:

Why does he smash them up after a gig and trash your furniture? Rock n roll :wall:

rockman.gif

No, they're just the only things worth anything in our house LOL He's predominantly a drummer, but his drumkit is kept in a lockup.

Direct Line for me - not sure how much £8-10 or something like that

This might be the sort of thing everyone but me knew, but we recently got our insurance stuff through again and I noticed it said we weren't covered if we'd left a key in the lock. Our back door has 2 locks, a yale and a normal one, and there is no way at all of seeing in so we always kept the key in the door - afterall we have to let the cat out unpteen times a day! We've taken the key out now but I thought I might pass that on.

wow some of your insurance is sooo cheap!!!! how much excess do u have to pay and stuff, mine is about 30 a month too for buildings and contents.

as we live in a new build which are meant to be cheaper as there cheap to rebuild, and our contents is 15k value

our excess is £100, and we have accidental damage.

i used confused and it was cheapest, how u get for 8 - 15 a month :cry:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
laurenl27
Back