exhausting day

tracyM

Reaction score
why is it wierd things happen all on the same day?

Yesterday, Daniel finally went on his school trip to London. They originally went on 7/7 last year (day of London bombings) and were due to arrive at Euston at 8.30am and then onto the undergound. Luckily, there was a delay at Preston so they ended up sitting on a train at Watford for 6 hours (great school trip!!). Anyway, we had to leave the house at 5am to get him to the station - getting a 13 yr old out of bed at 4am to do his hair isn't fun :? .

I spent most of the morning resisting the urge to phone him, and at 11am, got a phone call telling me through the grapevine that my w****r ex-employers were 'discontinuing their services' :dance: . After jumping round the house for 10 minutes, I had an overwhelming sense of guilt (soon passed :wink: )

At 2pm, the meter reader came round to read the gas. He came back upstairs and asked if I'd give him permission to switch off the supply. I thought maybe we hadn't paid the last bill (I'm really bad at remembering to pay bills), but no, we had a small gas leak and had to evacuate :shock: I got a proper telling off on the way out for switching the TV off :( .

The meter reader had to wait with us until Transco arrived, so we than decided he must make up gas leaks to get time off. When the fire brigade arrived, we decided he must have a fireman fetish. It's a good job he had a sense of humour. He then came up with a plan - we could throw a match into the cellar, blow the front of the house off, claim on the buildings and contents insurance, and as the icing on the cake, leave me inside and claim on the life insurance - he'd back us up for a 10% cut :shock: . All that just cos I said he had a fireman fetish :shakehead:

We went to mums for tea - sausage, liver and onions :puke: made my day - NOT!! We were allowed home at 7pm

And finally, I went to pick up Daniel at 11pm, but could I find where I'd parked the car, could I bugger it. After wandering round for ages, and a call off Daniel to say he was 10 minutes away, I realised I'd left the car at mums :doh:

My life is so boring, it would be so exciting for just one thing to happen, but everything all on the same day - I'm knackered this morning :sleep:

tracy :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

my eldest is 11 and he is a soap dodger, he could get up and be out the house in 2 minutes. :|

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nicola111
Back