Home Insurance (Building and contents) - who you with???

SarahH

Reaction score
Ours is coming up for renewel so I am searching for cheaper - at the moment we are with Lloyds TSB.

Who are you with and if you have made claims are they good and quick etc.

I'm actually having trouble finding people to insure the building as it is an apartment/flat :think:

Preferably I would like to go with someone that is on quidco so I can make money back :wink:

Direct line - I have a studio flat ;)

i work in insurance and one tip i have is get a quote online, and then give them a ring and see if they can do any better. after the market rush of trying to get more people to quote online, and thus offer a discount -some companies are still to catch on to the fact they are offering a quote with both an online discount and then the percentage that the advisor on the phone can offer as well. :wink: if you have a 10% discount for online and then the advisor can knock a further 10% off sometimes its worth it!!

Are you above a shop? If your not, from my experience most places are ok with it when they know this (i only really have experience of 4 different underwriters at work so i can't speak for the whole market).

We are with direct line - but we just got that cause it was the cheapest (not someone i work for btw). ive not dared look at the cover, i dread to think how bad it is!! :oops:

TSB were brilliant fr us saved us a fortune

Groupama, they were who were cheapest when we signed for our mortgage but that was 3 years ago so I was thinking the other day it might be worth seeing if anybody else is cheaper

Sam&Alice said:
i work in insurance and one tip i have is get a quote online, and then give them a ring and see if they can do any better. after the market rush of trying to get more people to quote online, and thus offer a discount -some companies are still to catch on to the fact they are offering a quote with both an online discount and then the percentage that the advisor on the phone can offer as well. :wink: if you have a 10% discount for online and then the advisor can knock a further 10% off sometimes its worth it!!

Are you above a shop? If your not, from my experience most places are ok with it when they know this (i only really have experience of 4 different underwriters at work so i can't speak for the whole market).

We are with direct line - but we just got that cause it was the cheapest (not someone i work for btw). ive not dared look at the cover, i dread to think how bad it is!! :oops:

Thanks for that. No we arent above anything - we are the ground floor apartment. I remember being told last time I was looking that it is something to do with Scottish law, not all companies will do flats :think:

Nationwide, only cos its convenient because we have our mortgage with them.We pay about £20 for both and the contents is new for old. Also we claimed for our cracked patio door a few yrs ago and it was sorted in a couple of days, result!

As we're renting we've only got contents but it's only £7.50 a month - including accidental damage cover.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JenniferU
Back